1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with speedometer!

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by fj40ec, Aug 28, 2006.

1. fj40ec

fj40ec

My speedometer keeps on telling me that I am going slower than What I really are, for example, I cant get more than 60mph NEVER ACORDING TO THE SPEEDOMETER, when I see the speed on the digital speedometers on the streets its always like 30% faster that what my speedometer tells me. I checked everything, everithing inside it seems work good, the odometer is working ok. What is my problem? does anybody have experienced something like that?

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    What size tires are you running?

3. numtel

numtel

If you go bigger tires without changing diff gears you are effectively changing your final drive ratio and making it turn lower rpms at the same speed.

4. fj40ec

fj40ec

I'm running right now 6.5x16, that would be like some 28" diameter ones, quite small for a cruiser. And if I'm not wrong is about the diameter of the original ones.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">