Test: Private Messaging Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Sep 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
0
Location
Florida
I am new to Ih8mud, looking to PM someone and I don't have access for that.

I looked through old help posts and its seems I need to make some posts.

So this is half trying to get some posts under my belt and half asking for some help to see if that is the case.

Thanks for the help
 
I saw some of your earlier threads about this. When I open peoples profile I do not see the 'send private message' option or whatever it is labeled. Also, I dont have the option when I look in my inbox.
 
I saw some of your earlier threads about this. When I open peoples profile I do not see the 'send private message' option or whatever it is labeled. Also, I dont have the option when I look in my inbox.
it's "send direct message" and users have the option to NOT permit messages, so perhaps the member you are trying to contact has them switched off.

Please screenshot this page:

your individual account settings show the following:
Analyze-permissions-IH8MUD-Forum-Toyota-Lexus-Off-Road-Community-Admin-control-panel-2026-09-...webp
 
Offhand, not sure....settings appear correct for your account. I'll dig into it later today.
 
Hi woody, I'm having a similar issue as this thread - registered but unable to locate a button to send DMs. Trying to DM someone about a classified post that has since been locked. Thank you
Does "send direct message" appear when you mouseover their username?

Still unsure why DM's are an issue for a few new members, but not for all of them.
 
Does the DM option appear when mousing over my username?

Guessing you found an old ad for a rack, try tagging that user in a comment on your Classified.
 
Does the DM option appear when mousing over my username?

Guessing you found an old ad for a rack, try tagging that user in a comment on your Classified.
It does appear now! That's interesting. It did not appear when I tried earlier. It also appears now hovering over @Souma's name.

Tagging them is a good idea. Thank you, appreciate the help!
 
Back
Top Bottom