Pre-Newbie FJ cruiser Parking Sensor question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,
I am thinking of buying an FJ cruiser in the upcoming months.
I know i want a trail teams edition, and probably will get a 1 -2 year used model as opposed to new...

anyway, I saw a couple 2010 TT models in the quicksand tan color and really like it....

My question is, in the 5-10 different vehicles of that model that I have checked out online, none come equipped with the parking sensor button in the console under the radio like the new 2012 models have....

when did the parking sonar system come out? i thought it was pre 2010?...was it not an option then?

its an option i would like to have if available on that model.

I love my sensors. Can't see sh*t out the back. Especially with a pet barrier

I have a 2010 and it has a back-up camera no sensor. Dealer said you could not get sensor in 2010 only camera. My 2008 TT has sensors . Wife likess the sensors , I like the camera.

so,
do they all have backup sensors and only some have the button to turn it off?

or is it something like they all have back up sensors and the button is for the optional front sensors or something?

i guess, since i have been only looking at pictures, i need clarification of what the button actually controls.

and I could be wrong, but it sounds like there should be no reason why it wouldnt be on a 2010 TT

ahhh,
just saw nocents post above...
this would explain it, but why?

so backup sensors in early versions, then switch to camera, and now the newer 12 and 13 models have both camera and sensors???

WTF??

I have an '07 with back up sensors and I love them! The switch is a life saver because I use a hitch mount winch. If it is in or I have a trailer hooked up and I put the truck in reverse BEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP! That sucks! As far as the new ones I would guess in 10-11 Toyota took them out when the cameras came along then due to consumer demand put them back in combo with the cam in 12-13.

My 2007 (purchased in July 2006) has the rear sensors but I've never used them after the first month of ownership, they are inconsistent and hence not very useful. Re-installed them in my Demello rear bumper just to fill the holes.

Bryan89:
I have an 08 and it has the switch and sensors. you may want to look into the different "convenience packages that were available for the year you are researching.
Like this for the 08:
http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008/toyota/fj_cruiser/packages_options.html
That is a listing of all of the factory options you could order. If the windows sticker is still with the truck it will list everything that came on it. It will help you understand the trim levels and should effect the price you pay for a used truck.
I never have my sensors turned on since I installed a Panasonic AVIC stereo system and added a backup cam to the roof right under the third brake light. It's fantastic for putting in and retrieving my boat at the docs.
Good luck buddy!!!

Mine work well, but I've finally mounted a back up camera as well since 35" tires block the already poor visibility even more than stock. Combine the sensors with a 9" screen and some Rigid Dually reverse lights and I'm set!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom