PPRD Christmas Tree Patrol Day 8: Sunday, Dec 18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
The final day of patrols for this year!

Meet at the Stop N Save in Divide between 8am and 830am. We'll meet the PPRD staff at the trailhead on FS Road 357 at 9am.

Check weather conditions and dress accordingly--bring snacks and a lunch, plus drinking water. Bring your recovery kit (straps, shackles, traction boards, etc.)

Post below if you plan to make it!

The final day of patrols for this year!

Meet at the Stop N Save in Divide between 8am and 830am. We'll meet the PPRD staff at the trailhead on FS Road 357 at 9am.

Check weather conditions and dress accordingly--bring snacks and a lunch, plus drinking water. Bring your recovery kit (straps, shackles, traction boards, etc.)

Post below if you plan to make it!
I’m “in” for Sunday morning.

I'll be there with a shotgunner.

The final day of 2022 season. Very little traffic out there, but we spent time speaking with a few families visiting the national forest.

363/364 junction water crossing is frozen solid!

Thanks to Vic, David M., Andrew for being out there today. Thanks to all the members and friends who made it out for at least one day--volunteering means a great deal to the Pikes Peak District, and despite no "stucks" to pull out, our club presence contributes a lot.

20221218_100854[1].jpg

For our finale to the Christmas Tree cutting season, David decided to get stuck. The deed happened on Trail Creek road. He was heading North on Route 3 toward West Creek. followed by Vic. I was easing across the third (I think) water crossing and the front tires broke through the ice. A short tap of the gas pedal to push on through and the back tires broke through. Another tap of the gas and there is no forward movement. Quick shift to reverse and tap of the gas, yes stuck in the ice confirmed. I got out and see about 3 inches of water under the tires. Confirmed, axles are firmly sitting on the ice. Not to worry, I am being followed by Vic. We connect a strap and Vic pulls me back on to dry road. I charged on through on the second attempt. The rest of the road and overall the day was pretty quiet watching people enjoying their day and getting some nice trees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom