Power Window Seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone provide a link(s), advice/insight to new power window seals for all four power windows? I’m a new owner of a 2008 200 series land Cruiser and i’m just realizing they are all dry rotted and water is getting in when it rains

I figured it would be tough based on the pictures on the site. Also have an 08 and it was in Puerto Rico for the first 7-8 years of its life. Seals look little dry but aren't leaking at this point. I appreciate the insight.

There is another thread somewhere in the 400 page abyss that gives a link to a special silicone made specifically for this type of application, I may try that for now.

Future reference for anyone looking into this, search "Weatherstripping and Wipers Maintenance" posted back in April

I had a shop install them. Not to scare you off, but they told me that it was a lot of work because they had to take the entire door apart.

Are you talki g about the outer glad seals...where the glass slides into the door?

If so...they weren’t on the level.

You literally just yank hard and remove the old ones...then pop in the new. No need to remove the innner panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom