Power Window Rolls Halfway Back Down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. New 200 owner here. I have been lurking for a while doing my research and finally pulled the trigger on a gently used black 2013 last week. Love the truck. Such an improvement over my Yukon. Anyways to my question. I dropped it off yesterday to have it detailed and the front window tint removed. I now notice that on the passenger front window when I roll the window up all the way using the one click automatic recall, it goes up, then seals completely, then automatically recalls back halfway back down. I found that if I roll it up small bursts, it will go up and stay up. Anyone encountered this problem? Truck came with a bumper to bumper warranty but I hate to have to use it within the first week. Thanks for any help!

...And that took care of it. Sorry if that is a common question. Tried searching the forum first but came up with nothing. Thanks so much!

Hello. New 200 owner here. I have been lurking for a while doing my research and finally pulled the trigger on a gently used black 2013 last week. Love the truck. Such an improvement over my Yukon. Anyways to my question. I dropped it off yesterday to have it detailed and the front window tint removed. I now notice that on the passenger front window when I roll the window up all the way using the one click automatic recall, it goes up, then seals completely, then automatically recalls back halfway back down. I found that if I roll it up small bursts, it will go up and stay up. Anyone encountered this problem? Truck came with a bumper to bumper warranty but I hate to have to use it within the first week. Thanks for any help!
I haven't encountered this, but my first thought was that some liquid may have gotten in the switches. The tint installation/removal guys often spray a ton of soapy water (or what ever it is they use) to clean the glass and set the tint.....often you see it run down onto the door panel and into the switches.

Maybe its just my lazy-optimism, but I'm wondering if this problem won't just "go away" when that liquid dries! :)

Apparently I submitted my response just as you let us know it was fixed!.....so.....Nevermind!

That was my thought at first as well. I also thought maybe the window somehow got so used to the extra thickness of the tint that it thought it was an error when a now-untinted window rolled up into it. I mean these trucks are smart but I don't know if they are that smart lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom