Power Steering Vacuum Lines Location (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry to post this thread but I have searched and didn't see the answer. I am in the process of replacing the alternator in my 2002 LC and unbolted the power steering pump to move out of the way. In the process, the vacuum lines came off the pump. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture or diagram to assist in reconnecting. I don't have an FSM.

Does anyone have a diagram or picture that could assist?

I attached the vacuum diagram from the part catalog. See if that helps?

25860.JPG

That is perfect! Thanks so much. BTW, do you know if there is a replacement 3 pin plug for the alternator from the dealer or do I just need to go with an aftermarket repair pigtail? The plug crumbled when I went to remove it from the alternator.

That is perfect! Thanks so much. BTW, do you know if there is a replacement 3 pin plug for the alternator from the dealer or do I just need to go with an aftermarket repair pigtail? The plug crumbled when I went to remove it from the alternator.
I can definitely get you one. Check your PM.

I attached the vacuum diagram from the part catalog. See if that helps?

View attachment 1380653
Trying to figure out what the part number is for the item labeled 17630 in this picture .

When moving power steering pump the little plastic nipple broke off of this piece and the vaccine line coming off is dry rotted as well.

POWER STEERING PRESSURE AIR CONTROL VALVE 17630-16040

Thanks for that, time to replace mine along with the crusty lines attached.

If you can wait on shipping you can save dinero

See partsouq $67.45 delivered 1763016040 Toyota VALVE ASSY, AIR CONTROL, Price: 54.24$, Weight: 0.067kg - PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

or partslane on ebay $60.02 delivered

17630-16040 Toyota OEM Genuine VALVE ASSY, AIR CONTROL | eBay

One of the vacuum lines to the valve there was disconnected on mine at purchase and caused a check engine light for lean condition. I've also read a faulty seal in the valve will allow small amts. of the atf/powersteering fluid to be sucked back into intake and cause an intermittant puff of smoke upon cold start when they are bad. Good luck!

Good call, yeah local Toyota parts price is brutal.

How do I get a part number out of the above diagram? Also trying to determine what the two vaccum lines are , thinking I'll just replace with oem .

Group of parts labeled 17341D

If you can wait on shipping you can save dinero

See partsouq $67.45 delivered 1763016040 Toyota VALVE ASSY, AIR CONTROL, Price: 54.24$, Weight: 0.067kg - PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

or partslane on ebay $60.02 delivered

17630-16040 Toyota OEM Genuine VALVE ASSY, AIR CONTROL | eBay

One of the vacuum lines to the valve there was disconnected on mine at purchase and caused a check engine light for lean condition. I've also read a faulty seal in the valve will allow small amts. of the atf/powersteering fluid to be sucked back into intake and cause an intermittant puff of smoke upon cold start when they are bad. Good luck!

Yea so that looks like the vaccum line assembly with clamps trying to figure the full part number now. What year is your truck?

Yea so that looks like the vaccum line assembly with clamps trying to figure the full part number now. What year is your truck?

Where do you scheme up your parts diagrams ? I usually find most on parts.toyota but striking out for this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom