Wanted Power steering pump. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need a power stearing pump for an 84 FJ-60.

Mines puking fluid everywhere.:mad: Could I and would it be worth it to rebuild it? If so where could I get a kit for that?

-Brian

PM Sent

Help my pump is leaking at seal and need info on repair also Thanks HOGWILD!!

Well I hope you find a better route than I found. I bought a pump from Advanced and it was $157 and without taking the core back it was $207 :eek: I'm not taking my core back because I would like to rebuild it and sell it to try and recoop some of my $$ back. Ask mudnyreye if he still has his for sale. He had a rebuilt one that he offered me but I had already ordered mine.

I'd say try and find one that was rebuilt or is still good from someone. Check the parts and parting out sections, thats what I did but didn't have any luck and ran out of time.

O and if you want some advise about removing the old one and installing the new one. The entire bracket needs to be taken loose so the bolt on the back of the pump can be pulled out far enough to let the pump be pulled up and out.

If you have anymore questions just feel free to ask or send me a PM.

Good Luck:cheers:

-Brian

Thanks for info and i think i will probably just do a Toyota Remanufatured pump 310.00 + tax but at least i will have a warranty!! Friend said just buy some lucas stop lead but that stuff just slows it down and does not stop it from what he has said!! only got 235K on pump i guess i will lpurge and thanks for removal info!!

Really can't tell if PS pump leak coming from seal at pulley or somewhere else, where else besides the pulley seal and lines could one leak from? i have checked all lines but have huge leak, will this thing only leak when being turned and i am missing it cause i am checking static and not under hood to observe it? Static check i can not get a drip of fluid from bottom side of pulley where seal would be leaking? i am thinking that their is another place on housing that might be leaking and i just do not kknow where it may be coming from? guess i need a sack of flour and a duster to check for the wet spot!! LMAO!!:beer:

Ok, I just sent you a Pm, but from the sound of this I would check at the bottom of the radiator there is a power steering cooler. It could be rotted out, I would check there and see if it is wet around that.

I would go out and buy a couple cans of brake clean and spray everything off and let it dry. Then start the truck and turn the wheel side to side. Then check and see where it is starting to get wet.

Good luck
-Brian

FJ60 PS pump

I have one FJ60 PS pump in the garage- looks good and I believe it is a non-leaker but don't remember for sure. Would like to get $50 for it if anyone is interested. Shmukster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom