power steering box with pps

Visit site
good day gents. i have an hdj81 converted to lefthand drive. i dont know its conversion history, but what i have is a power steering box with pps. as i have searched, land cruisers only have it on right hand drive units (correct me if i am wrong). my question is: could it have been removed from the RHD gear box and mated with a LHD gearbox? is the PPS section rebuildable? i am getting as much back ground of power steering box as i could before i decide whether to rebuild or buy one from a wrecker. it has a lot of play at input shaft and i have already maxed out the adjusting screw which is now sitting flush with the locking nut. it does not bind even at max adjustment

Visit site
Iirc it just bolts onto a “standard”’power steering box, so yes it was probably transferred over. There are a couple of small orings that go between it and the box, they can leak (and if they were moved over without being replaced they will probably leak). Buy a box rebuild kit and get the extra orings and you should be fine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom