Power antenna issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone!

I'm (illegally) here because the power antenna behaves strangely on my 100, but I think the 80's (wish I had one) have the same thing basicly. Please be gentle with me:) I already have an IFS truck, so can't take any more bad things:D

So my problem is that when I power on the radio the antenna goes all the way up as it should, and comes down as it should when I power off the radio.
BUT! The "down" manual button doesn't work. The antenna is all the way up, radio is on, I press the down button and nothing happens.
If I press the "up" button, it will try to spin the antenna motor, then a relay clicks a couple times and the "up" button gets disabled as well - so until I powercycle the radio (antenna down, and then back up), nothing will happen from this point on if I press the "up" (or the "down") button.

So it's almost like the relay believes that the antenna is all the way down even when it is all the way up.. And after I press the "up" button and the button gets disabled, it's like the relay thinks the antenna is both fully retracted and extended at the same time?

And then the really strange part: If I disconnect the antenna assembly from the harness, both the up and down button will click the relay as it should.

Thank You in advance for all of your thoughts!

Played around a little with the connector in the wheel well trying to bend the pins in case they didn't make good contact, and now it seem to workish.. It doesn't really remember where the antenna was set at, so it is pretty random if it pops out 6 inches or all the way when starting the car, but at least the down button now works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom