Potential Purchase lj78 (1 Viewer)

Im looking at a 1990 LJ78. It’s got about 250,000km but seems to be running and starting strong, from the videos I’ve seen. It has the 2L-TE and auto transmission and an after market aluminum rad. It is also showing a CEL with codes 2,5,7, and 11.

this is my first time looking at a cruiser but I have experience with the 3B in the 40 and 60 series from vehicles my parents owned.

thoughts?
Thanks

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Im looking at a 1990 LJ78. It’s got about 250,000km but seems to be running and starting strong, from the videos I’ve seen. It has the 2L-TE and auto transmission and an after market aluminum rad. It is also showing a CEL with codes 2,5,7, and 11.

this is my first time looking at a cruiser but I have experience with the 3B in the 40 and 60 series from vehicles my parents owned.

thoughts?
Thanks

Stick with the 3B cruisers.

Hello,

Multiple codes suggest there are a lot of gremlins with this truck. Then there is a 2L-TE engine that may (or may not) be ready to puke its entrails without warning. Are you into Russian roulette?

I would walk away from this truck.

Unless you are willing to devote a lot of time and resources on solving these issues, it is better to pass on this one.

Juan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom