Portable Battery Jumper & Compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wilthew.com
Hello all... I've been recently searching for a portable battery jumper with air compressor. In addition to the standard features, I would prefer a model that offers a 12 volt accessory outlet, reverse hook-up prevention and a USB port.

The models which appear to show up the most include Schumacher, Clore and Stanley. The reviews I've seen on the web are all over the map... as a result I'm curious to know what you use, or would recommend.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

12VDC and USB ports can be added.

I'd go with a second battery and a MV-50 compressor.

I would avoid the combination. Better to get a decent compressor and a decent jump pack, separately.

HF makes a decent knock-off of the brand name compressor.

We have no need for a large battery backup, since we have dual batteries onboard, so just have a cheap one we use for convenience around camp. I suppose you get what you pay for on one as with anything, but I'd say get as big a kick as you can afford if you plan to make regular use of it.

It's also the case that a deep-cycle battery is best for running camp power and might not be optimized for jump starts and vice versa. I don't know if the manufacturers differentiate between a pack for camp power and one optimized for jump starting, but that's something worth considering if you have a preference for one option over the other.

I too agree that if you plan to actually use the thing (as opposed to just having around for 'just in case') then I'd buy separate compressor and jump pack. Yes, they will take up more space, but boy there is so much potential for better performance.
I personally practice what I'm preaching, as I added a dual battery setup under the hood and an MV-50 compressor in my 'boony box'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom