Popping noise when turning at speed after slider install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Slee step sliders installed Friday.

Since the install, I have experienced a dull popping noise just under the driver's side floorboard when turning greater than about 30 degrees at speeds above 10 mph. The sharper or longer the turn, the more pops I get under my feet.

Can be both felt (by the driver right under my feet) and heard (by everybody in the truck). Cannot be replicated by turning the wheel when not moving, nor by rocking in the seat. Only when moving and turning. Pops between 1 - 5 times depending on the length of the turn in one or both directions.

Anybody else experienced this? Thoughts?

Slee step sliders installed Friday.

Since the install, I have experienced a dull popping noise just under the driver's side floorboard when turning greater than about 30 degrees at speeds above 10 mph. The sharper or longer the turn, the more pops I get under my feet.

Can be both felt (by the driver right under my feet) and heard (by everybody in the truck). Cannot be replicated by turning the wheel when not moving, nor by rocking in the seat. Only when moving and turning. Pops between 1 - 5 times depending on the length of the turn in one or both directions.

Anybody else experienced this? Thoughts?

Weird. I can't imagine it would be CAUSED by the slider mount points...
I'd call Slee and ask. If it's at all common, surely they would know about it.

I am experiencing the same noise, exactly as you've described. Although I have original running boards. I have an 08', with 175k on it. Did you ever solve the issue? I've had a couple shops look at it but they can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

You may want to check your CV axle. It could be that the joint is wearing out. Ask Slee if they put the truck on a lift to install the sliders.

just a shot in the dark, but having the wheels droop extends the CV axles (the position of the inner portion with relation to the outer cup)
the bearings inside may be riding outside the normal wear groove that has occurred over the miles driven.

If not that, look for rub marks. could it be that the tire is rubbing on the KDSS or body mount?

Mine did the same thing, turned out the shop did not reinstall all the fastener of the KDSS lines, they were hitting the frame.
reinstalled the bolts all good ever since.

Ok thanks fellas, I will check those items out. A little history, I had the large duratracs (largest fit w/o a lift) for 85,000 miles. They rubbed slightly at the extremes but not bad. Have slightly smaller AT-KO2's for about last 5-10k miles. Can't remember if I had the noise on the duratracs. Haven't touched the KDSS system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom