PoorRunner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Truck is back home. The sway bar didn't help the side to side rock at all, but did make it nicer in the corners. Now I need to see if its the shocks, or springs that are bad. Or maybe the rear spring hangers aren't welded in straight, causing it to rock with the welded rear.

New problems:
The fitting on the high pressure PS line is leaking
I nicked the radiator when putting in the fan shroud, so the new radiator leaks
And I didn't order the .25" spacer for my budbuild crossmember (as I thought i would have dual cases by now), and so the transfer case hits the cross-member, and shifts into 4wd every time I hit the gas.

My goal of wheeling this truck by new years is now lost, but at least it will be done right.

After not completing the build on time, and having a few other setbacks, I got mad at this project and let it sit for a few weeks.

Since I knew I wouldn't be able to wheel it again anytime soon (leaving Sunday to go back to Trail Teams) I was able to take it out to Clear Creek today for a light duty shake down. Much to my surprise, there was close to 2' of snow on the ground! Since I was solo, and my winch still isn't re-installed, I decided to take it easy.

Found were a few issues... like a blown front shock, windshield wipers that don't want to work, and the shifter boot thats hitting the TC shifter.

All in all, I think the 'ol girl is ready for another couple seasons on the trail.
4runner10.jpg
4runner8.jpg
4runner9.jpg

More
4runner11.jpg
4runner12.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom