Polyurethane and UHMW slides? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally putting together my storage box and wanted to ask you guys, will paint+polyurethane on the outside of my drawers affect how they slide on the UHMW strips? Will it make the slide better, worse, or have little effect? Just wondering if I should poly the outside of the drawers or not. Any feedback appreciated here.

i believe waxed wood sliding on the UHMW would work the best. as i think that the paint n poly is likely to start gumming up after a while. just my two cents

i believe waxed wood sliding on the UHMW would work the best. as i think that the paint n poly is likely to start gumming up after a while. just my two cents
Ah okay. Shoot I was pretty set on painting/polyurethaning the outside of the drawers. Now I’m not sure what to do. Thanks for the feedback.

Ah okay. Shoot I was pretty set on painting/polyurethaning the outside of the drawers. Now I’m not sure what to do. Thanks for the feedback.
sure, go ahead n finish however you want to, just leave the slidey section natural wood n treat with wax. i'm by no means an expert on finishings, just going by the fact that any old, old school kitchen drawers i've demo'ed it was always bare wood to bare wood on the sliders. sliders have predominantly been hardwood- maple, birch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom