PNW - Rehome an amazing GSD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the thread title says - we tried to rehome a GSD with us, however he didn't fit well with our current situation.

If you are in the PNW and able to possibly pick up in western WA please contact me.

About him - his grandfather was a highly sought after stud. He will be 1 year old this month. 95 lbs, so he is large breed and expect him to be in the 120-140 lbs range. He's a complete dog and has a high drive currently (which is the biggest problem with had - we have a 4yo spayed small breed gsd female he was after causing her to pick fights). He has AKC paperwork, but not microchipped.

His temperament is extremely mild. He attached himself to us immediately and was protective towards us. He has no training - but is a sponge for information (in 3 days he properly learned to sit, drop, and "look at me" - even when in a highly agitated state). He gives "love bites" with zero pressure. He saw us as dominant and didn't jump up on us (but he did to his previous owners). Extremely smart - in less than 2 hours in our house he self taught to ring the bells on the front door to go out for potty.

We have a toddler and the dog was good with him, however gave 'love bites' and his size scared our son. Our 4yo female gsd then protected our son, causing her to be extremely on edge with him. So he shouldn't go to a house with anyone under 4' tall.

He's a big, lovable, gentle giant with an extremely intimidating bark (which we only heard a couple times). He does have high anxiety and hates a kennel (I do not think he would work for kennel training - any bones, treats, toys, etc would not calm him down in a kennel).

If you are interested let me know - he is an amazing dog who could be trained to be an exceptional family, search and rescue, and/or protection dog.

20161210_091315.jpg

DSC_3999.jpg

DSC_4000.jpg

He is no longer available

Wow! That's a good looking GS!

You're so close & my niece is looking for a GS or Belgian Malinois, I was going to speak up.

Hope he went to a good home!

He was a great dog - but brought out a side of our small GSD we didn't know existed....

We don't know where he landed... we had 2 good homes lined up but the people we gave him back to never responded.

Where abouts are you? (Mobil version so can't see avatar info).

Over the Skag up on top of Big Rock, 15 miles from the HWY 9 & 20 intersection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom