Please help identify this 40! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going by the lookup table I have (from a Russian site no less) this frame no. is probably a '77 manufacture year. Given that in the table they seem to have made about 13,000 BJ models a year at the time, then your frame no. is probably late 77 or early 78.

Pin_Head said:
Zdrazhvuitye, drugh.
Eta BJ40, horosho.
Eta ni govno, ni hunya.

Skoilka stoit?

(Sorry, no Cyrillic)

Zdorovo! Stoila $2000! Sdelau tak chto wranglery otsosut! :)

StanCruiserMan said:
We all doorak! Trying to figure out the year of a Japan spec by comparing to US model does not work well. Disks were only an option in most markets (starting 81 I think), you will find many 1980’s 40’s series with drums. But I would guess this is a 77 or 78. Where is the fuel tank? Under seat or under body? It looks like the under seat tank body tub to me.

My friend's '90 LJ72 has drums on all wheels!
Fuel tank is under driver's seat (RHD)

Well, some more photos as i promised:

rear view:
10831937GAL.jpg

interior:
10832936AIA.jpg

engine bay:
10832938MAZ.jpg

10832939VLL.jpg

glass stamp - it have number 77 - maybe it's year of made?
10832942UJT.jpg

other side:
10833031IUN.jpg

wadda steal the steering wheel out of your audi? 77 would be about right for that thing. Good thing you still have the ring for that split wheel :D

wesintl said:
wadda steal the steering wheel out of your audi? 77 would be about right for that thing. Good thing you still have the ring for that split wheel :D

yeah, previous owner installed this steering wheel, but thank God he hadnt threw original one, so i got original steering wheel.

Hey guys! Andrey is a friend of mine. He showed me his newly bought BJ40 - it's pretty nice! Rear bench seats are gone. It has no freewheeling hubs. Original steering wheels is there but currently it has Audi wheel.
I am giving to Andrey my oringinal chrome front bumper and original mud flaps (they have LandCruiser written on them) becuase I won't need them on my 1981 BJ44 that's partially tubed, SPOA, TLC60 axles, rear FF, still in the works.
Here's a link to my BJ44 pics before it met sawzall http://www.geocities.com/sr5_fx2/index_bj.html

bj_side_view.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom