pin 7 modification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With a switch, you could trun it off. Just like pulling the pin.
But you would have to put a switch on the plug to t-case.
This would give you both shift points in L.
You could hook one toggle up to a double switch.

pin 7 modification (what about 100 series?)

Does anybody know how (if?) such a mod could be done on the 100 series?

My 99 TLC locks the center diff when I shift into low range -- no choice in the matter.

tia :cheers:

LT
8)

landtoy80,

On the 93/94 all you need to add is a SPST switch in line with the black/blue wire going into pin 19 of the B connector on the electronic controlled transmission ECU. This module is located on the firewall about 5 inches to the left of the brake pedal.

For the 100 series I'm sure there is a way to do it but an electrical wiring diagram is required to figure it out.

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=10019;start=msg89240#msg89240 date=1073956975]
OK, Original Text from Cdan, Spencer took the pics. Just took me some time to get it up.

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_cdl_pin7mod.htm
[/quote]

Yeah!! I'm famous now, dragging on the coat tails of the infamous C-DAN. Honestly John, it's a quick one.

[quote author=ppc link=board=2;threadid=10019;start=msg89388#msg89388 date=1073968271]
landtoy80,

On the 93/94 all you need to add is a SPST switch in line with the black/blue wire going into pin 19 of the B connector on the electronic controlled transmission ECU. This module is located on the firewall about 5 inches to the left of the brake pedal.

[/quote]

PPC, what is a SPST switch?
Have you done this?

This is what I would like:
1)normal mode, in L range, the center diff locks with hard shift points. This is stock setup.
2) unlocked soft shift mode, in L range, t-case unlocked soft shifting. Like when you unplug the plug to the t-case and add the CDL switch to the dash.

SPST is a single pole, single throw switch, basically a simple switch. One wire in, one wire out, on or off.

I'm assuming that you have added the CDL switch and have already done the pin 7 modification. If you have, then just add this switch into the pin 19 wire in connector B as above. This will only change shift points when in low range. It will do this independent of the CDL condition/setting.

PPC,

Looks like you did some digging over the holidays. What were your conclusions after testing the scenarios you had mentioned? Send it in PM if you don't want to post public for any reason.

landtoy80,

Yes, do the pin 7 mod, add the switch to pin 19 (different connector) and then make sure you have everything plugged back in on the transfer.

Safado,

No new testing in what were doing here. You may notice I said that the switch will only change the shift points in low range. I thought you were going to do the testing in high range for me! ???

:-\ Uh yeah...I was until it Witch Tit Cold over here and I've been a lazy ass. Then I saw this post and thought you might have just gone and done it yourself.

I'll PM you in a sec with what I'm going to do and make sure that it covers everything.

I here ya! Either its to cold to do anything but stay inside or so warm that I have to use the time for something more critical. I PM'd you with the lastest. I think I should do these tests also to get more shift point data. It may be hard to get some good repeatable results. Rather than measure speed at shifts the RPM might be a better indicator because it should sweep futher on the gauge than speed. First to 2nd changes should be all we need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom