Picking up My 2008 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm just going by the mileage call on the computer. It gave me the avg mileage since last fill up. I didn't verify it by miles and gallons filled. So, it maybe completely incorrect

IMG_1158.JPG

Nothing came back as a concern with the LX from my PPI. I did pull the trigger on a 3yr/36k warranty. I got the guy down to $3k, which was the absolute best he could do. It cover everything but brake pads, hoses, consumable parts. I figured if the rack or the cam towers leak, that would run about $4k. I got 17mpg at 85 mph, 19.5 at 80, and 21.5 at 75mph. Considering my 1998 got 13 at 65mph and 9 at 75 mph, I'm pretty happy with my new Prius

You may get that for short stretches, but you won't see those mpgs on a tank or over the long haul. 14-17 mpg is a lot more realistic for a stock LX.

I'm fine with those #'S. we don't buy these tanks for the MPGs. The car rides like a new car. So quiet and powerful compare to the 100.

Congrats! I do wonder how you are getting these numbers. I consistently get 13.5-14mpg on the highway. Consumer Reports, when they tested an 08 LC got exactly 14 miles to the gallon.

I believe 14MPG was over-all. Not highway.

I got 9 city and 13 hwy with my 100. Anything is an approvement and the power of the LX is night and day different.

I pulled the trigger on the warranty based on the work you heeded after you bought yours. I figured if I needed a rack, radiator or cam tower seals replaced it would pay for itself day one. Also, it seeems like when these go, it’s right around 85-100k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom