Picked up a 1996 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all, I just wanted to say that I converted over from the landcruiser world to the 4runner world recently....I picked up a 1996 4runner with 124k miles. The rig has new 285 wranglers on it, OME 3inch lift, timing belt etc done, and I just put a magnaflow exhaust and had the valves adjusted (had a ticking that was driving me nuts!). Anyway, just wanted to share and say that I am sure I will be asking many questions and posting up the crap I do to this rig!
Cheers!:beer:
Chans
4runner.jpg

Why did you switch? I was actually looking to go from a 3rd gen to an 80? Nice ride my is a green 97 sr5 on 4" total lift and 285's. Looks almost identical.

Clean looking 3rd gen... don't scratch it now :D

Why did you switch? I was actually looking to go from a 3rd gen to an 80? Nice ride my is a green 97 sr5 on 4" total lift and 285's. Looks almost identical.

I switched for a couple reasons...the biggest was that I wanted to try a 4runner out.....kinda had the "been there done that" attitude with the 80. Dont get me wrong, I LOVED that beast BUT I completely had it done up (check out my posts over the years in the 80s section) so I knew I couldnt do another cruiser up like that (money). That being said, I know I will get another one in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom