Pearl Pass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone planning on running Pearl Pass nest weekend? Its far enough away it would likely be camping Friday and or Saturday.
Any suggestions on camping near the trail head?

There are a bunch of good camp spots on Pearl Pass. Pretty much all the way through. Shouldn’t be hard to find one. Problem right now is, Cottonwood Pass is still closed. Have to go over Tin Cup or Independence to access it.

Given that cottonwood is closed I may Pass on Pearl Pass.

I'd like to get out and do a ride since last month cancelled. :) Not sure about camping though.

I'm working in Salida this week through Saturday, so I won't be able to go.

If some of you guys want to cancel/postpone Pearl Pass, then here are some suggestions for closer/shorter duration trips (day trips):

Texas Creek (BLM area between Canon City and Salida)

(Teller County)
Phantom Creek/Signal Butte Loop and/or any of those roads on the east side of Cedar Mountain Road such as Little Creek Ridge, Manchester Creek, Rule Ridge, etc.

(Chaffee County)
I've mapped many of the roads south of 24/285 east of Johnson Village, but only driven a few of the roads on the north side. Some of them look inviting:
Sevenmile Creek, Chubb Park, Lenhardy Cuttoff, and Million Dollar View

Last edited:
I was bummed nobody wanted to run Pearl this weekend... so a buddy and I ran Tincup Pass instead. :p below are some photos...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.5.jpg

4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom