PE Suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tcl,

Thanks for all your help. What did you do with the anti-sway bar? Did you get the extended links from MAF? If so, I think they have either 2" or 4" extensions, which one did you go with? I have to re-install the anti-sway bar, as I had them totally removed and it's sitting in the garage. Maybe that's why it seem to "sway & wallow" on the highway.

Regards,

Chuck

I left the antiswaybar stock. Hasnt caused any problems and no "sway & wallow" like youve said. I will get longer extensions for the front. I might try and make my own but school has stopped me. If i bought some i think i would go MAF 2" I wish they had 3" but too bad i guess.

Anyone else run extensions? How long do you think we would need with 3" of lift? 3"?Where did you get yours?

my BSD kit came with 2 in longer one but with the 1 1/2 taler jt outfiter shackles there too short and bind i think i'm going to remove my sway bar and see how it drives i also need more movement out of the frnt and i hope it helps :-\ your truck looks good i had the same wheels on mine till about three weeks ago ... maybe more i forget

tcl,

I tried to call MAF to order the extensions, but the line was either busy or no one picked up the phone. So I decided to call JT instead and they have ones that will work perfect with the PE 3" Lift kit. They're about $24 for the pair with bushings and hardware. I should be getting mine next week, so I'll take some pics to show you.

You basically bent the sway up with the OEM links? I just re-installed mine with the 2 main front bolts, but used some wires to tie the ends to the original holes so they don't drop down to the ground (temporary).

Klingon,

On the highway without the bars, the truck "sways & wallows) more than I want it to. It handled very badly and was unpredictable.

Regards,

Chuck

[quote author=Chuck_FJ60 link=board=1;threadid=7620;start=msg77551#msg77551 date=1071794908]
tcl,

I tried to call MAF to order the extensions, but the line was either busy or no one picked up the phone. So I decided to call JT instead and they have ones that will work perfect with the PE 3" Lift kit. They're about $24 for the pair with bushings and hardware. I should be getting mine next week, so I'll take some pics to show you.

You basically bent the sway up with the OEM links? I just re-installed mine with the 2 main front bolts, but used some wires to tie the ends to the original holes so they don't drop down to the ground (temporary).

Klingon,

On the highway without the bars, the truck "sways & wallows) more than I want it to. It handled very badly and was unpredictable.

Regards,

Chuck
[/quote]

i used to drive a SOA with 37 boggers on the street ...SOOOOO i'm hopein it wont be too bad and my 60 isnt my daily either .... i just need more frnt end flex and the rear REALLY MOVES

MVC_308X.sized.jpg

MVC_305X.sized.jpg

see how much flex the rear has :-\ i want that frnt and rear

thanks in advance for taking the pictures. How much longer are the bars that you ordered?

I think that fj62s might already have longer antisway bars so its not as much a problem for me. Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom