Payload Rants from OZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

good point i hope this new pone is not like the fj having the body rips with their bull bars i know this is just cosmetic but still you would want a good vehicle; many of us go camping and its just a choice to bring the whole garage with us when we go but i think they do this for liability concerns but it is scary b/c they may void your warranty if certain stuff breaks etc

They're just used to Toyota imported real commerical 4x4 work trucks over there and now they're upset when they get a cream puff instead? They have no idea how lucky they are.

Now they know what we feel like over here. At least they don't have to drive the Tacoma and Tundra and deal with the laughable payload capacity of those rigs.

600kg is about 1322lbs, while my old 1989 toyota 4x4 mini-truck has a capacity of 1400lbs. But to be fair, I think the actual capacity is closer to 1585lbs, which is actually more than the 100 series.

Still, the 80 series was rated for 1719lbs. But all of this is with the stock cushy springs, so who knows if the 200's capacity can go higher. Considering the over all gross weight is 800lbs heavier than the gross weight of a stock 80, its not inconcievable that the 200 might really be at it's acceptable limit, whereas the 80 had room to grow...even with the engineering improvements of the 200.

That's the price you pay for luxery. A lot of unnecessary weight that reduces overall capacity, along with other issues that weight causes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom