Party on dudes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
May 7, 2006
Threads
280
Messages
3,365
Location
Kelowna, BC
Returning from Churn Creek southbound down Harrison West FSR today this is what we saw at 20 Mile Bay the day after the May Long weekend.
Nice eh!

This is one of several reason why my destinations are at least a day’s drive away from the Lower Mainland.

P1030553 (Medium).webp


P1030557 (Medium).webp


P1030543 (Medium).webp
 
we also saw what looked like a recently stolen and vandalized 1999 Passat north of 20 Mile Bay

P1030546 (Medium).webp


P1030551 (Medium).webp


P1030552 (Medium).webp
 
You'll probably need to add another 2-3 hours from the nearest town to miss that type of crap. It is not just a Lower Mainland thing. I hope 4x4 karma gets them with skid fire nails in their tires. It is easy to understand why COs and RCMP give some wheelers a hard time.

This isn't the activity of wheelers.

This is the activity of assholes.

I'm know that the COs and the RCMP know this too.

I went to Hale Creek for Friday night, must have been 3 parties going on, all pretty subdued though. Anyway, I saw the RCMP roadblock on the way in so I waved to the Rec Officer for Chilliwack, chatted for a moment then on to the officer who was turning around probably 2 out of 3 cars of kids. He asked if I was going to the 4 wheel drive party , I said yep and he waved me through. :)
 
This isn't the activity of wheelers.

This is the activity of *******s.

I'm know that the COs and the RCMP know this too.

I agree. But some of those *******s just happen to also drive 4x4s, especially the ones who live in small town BC. The uneducated don't realize there is a difference.
 
Wow that is just sad.... Its all fine and dandy to have parties but how hard is it to clean the s*** up, today's young generation is just too fxxxed up I find. I mean you pack all that crap in there and half of it you drink and eat so what is a few garbage bags a person, the burning of all your broken s*** is beyond me but when your wasted who cares right? <---- I'm not sayin.... im just 'sayin.

my 2 cents.
 
Last edited:
That just sucks.
 
I stayed in a state park in Oregon and noticed that they had several dozen juvenile offenders (male and female) in prison garb doing campground clean-up ( e.g being useful for a change).

BC has several juvenile custody facilities - well I will pay the bus fare for those young lads to go to 20 mile bay every long weekend and clean up that crap - it would be an equal 'crap picker-upper' opportunity for all races and sexes

I suppose in Canada that would be too radical or it would offend their constitutional civil liberties ( note they are in custody for being uncivil ). Someone will inevitably complain about the unsightly mess and the BC Forest Service will probably pay a contractor to clean up that trash on our "taxpayer dime".

Meanwhile the young offenders sit on their butts watching TV or other more interesting things on the Internet, while you and I are paying taxes to make sure they have clean sheets and entertainment.
 
No suprises there infortunatly. Harrison is the toilet that all the s*** from vancouver goes on long weekends and grad time.
 
Yeah, just like the vast proportion of Hockey Rioters were from within Van. city limits right? All communities contribute to this problem as does our judicial system which is skewed towards protecting criminal rights rather than victims. Interesting post about Oregon using juvenile offenders to clean up and do manual labour.... What a wonderful idea. That wont fly here because of 1) our bleeding heart socialist agenda will not allow the kids to be 'abused' in such a way, and 2) the unions will go nuts because it is their god (sorry Leninists) given right to lean on THAT shovel all day....
 
Last edited:
I often see highway cleanup crews when I travel in the U.S. being watched over by men with guns. I think it's a great idea to put convicts to work.
 
Yeah, just like the vast proportion of Hockey Rioters were from within Van. city limits right? All communities contribute to this problem as does our judicial system which is skewed towards protecting criminal rights rather than victims. Interesting post about Oregon using juvenile offenders to clean up and do manual labour.... What a wonderful idea. That wont fly here because of 1) our bleeding heart socialist agenda will not allow the kids to be 'abused' in such a way, and 2) the unions will go nuts because it is their god (sorry Leninists) given right to lean on THAT shovel all day....

I agree that the morons who made the mess were just as likely to be from Hope as from Vancouver. Stupidity does not respect geography.

There is nothing wrong with putting offenders to work. We actually do here; but with minimum risk type offenders and it isn't often enough. A number of times I have seen them out clean roadsides in the Fraser Valley. They could have it a lot worse - like in a Mexican jail. If you want to eat someone has to pay for your food. If you don't have anyone to pay than work or starve.
 
You think that's bad, I'll bet it twice that on Harrison East, especially by Pebble Beach. Most long weekends the kids camp on the road and you can barely drive past them... and their mounds of garbage.
 
Like I said its a toilet bowel, I hate driving up there this time of year its such a mess. June maintaince run is always the worst as well, May long clean up and Grad. The proverbial perfect storm of stupidity.
 
I had my family camped at Bear Creek for 10 day's prior to the long weekend and ended up staying through the Sunday - had the place to ourselves until the Friday - the sites on the East side are hosted and there were zero problems, spotless grounds and very friendly folks - this was the same for all the hosted sites - head on up to Cogburn and it's fend for yourself - fine when you're younger but not with kids and grandparents along.

I'd recommend any of the hosted sites if you're with the family..

7 day's of peace and quiet..

Airstream Nose Firelight.webp

A few day's of crowds - but Tyrannosaurus Seth was a hit with the kids and things were quiet by 10ish every night..

Seth the Dinasaur.webp

Airstream Nose Firelight.webp


Seth the Dinasaur.webp
 
I think posting lots of signs along the bottom 20 km might help reduce it ...

"Please leave your campsite as you would like to find it."

"Please pack out your trash"

"Be considerate of the next campsite user"

"Persons caught littering will be prosecuted"


signed the
Hells Angels (Harrison Lake Chapter)
 
signed the
Hells Angels (Harrison Lake Chapter)

I bet their summer club house property up on Pike Mountain off of Pike Mountain FSR (N of Princeton) is nice and clean. Not likely to find too many campers in the immediate area either - at least not local campers. :hillbilly:
 
No suprises there infortunatly. Harrison is the toilet that all the s*** from vancouver goes on long weekends and grad time.

^^that^^
Close down party spots one by one, the kids just go to the next valley/lake over and act like vandals.

Wow that is just sad.... Its all fine and dandy to have parties but how hard is it to clean the s*** up, today's young generation is just too fxxxed up I find. I mean you pack all that crap in there and half of it you drink and eat so what is a few garbage bags a person, the burning of all your broken s*** is beyond me but when your wasted who cares right? <---- I'm not sayin.... im just 'sayin.

my 2 cents.

Most of that stuff is bought so cheap they don't care. Camping 'kit' bought on sale at wallmart or crappytire for the trip seems not worth packing up after buddies puked or pissed on it night before, all while feeling like death sporting a raging hangover. Big groups are usually worse because the biggest assholes set the standard the rest follow :bang:. The Passat - Good reason to rally and destroy the "stolen" car your parents gave you that you don't give a fxxx about anymore :mad:.
 
Most of that stuff is bought so cheap they don't care. Camping 'kit' bought on sale at wallmart or crappytire for the trip seems not worth packing up after buddies puked or pissed on it night before, all while feeling like death sporting a raging hangover. Big groups are usually worse because the biggest assholes set the standard the rest follow :bang:. The Passat - Good reason to rally and destroy the "stolen" car your parents gave you that you don't give a fxxx about anymore :mad:.

Exactly!
 
That is fxxxing gross!

It kind of makes me want to go "Coastal" on all of those losers camping.

I hope the super structure is still in tact @ Hale
 
Back
Top Bottom