parts for 3F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm buying an FJ40 (I know, wrong forum) that comes with spare 3F (non EFI). I would like to have it installed in the FJ40 but I don't know anything about it other than this motor was not available in the US models.

Is it essentially the same as the 3FE with the exception of the fuel injection? So if I needed repair/rebuild later, I could use 3FE parts from the US? If not what's the best source for parts?

Chip B said:
I'm buying an FJ40 (I know, wrong forum) that comes with spare 3F (non EFI). I would like to have it installed in the FJ40 but I don't know anything about it other than this motor was not available in the US models.

Is it essentially the same as the 3FE with the exception of the fuel injection? So if I needed repair/rebuild later, I could use 3FE parts from the US? If not what's the best source for parts?
Try Cruiserdan he hangs out in the 80 forum.The 3F was used in Australia until 1992 so parts are readily available.The 3f is really only a more modern 2F with a shorter stroke and a few mods.
3F in 80 series wagon.
Picswithkirk5-5-06446.jpg

Picswithkirk5-5-06445.jpg

2F in a FJ45
Picswithkirk5-5-06093.jpg

Picswithkirk5-5-06091.jpg

I have complete 3F motor except carby and a/c pump.:grinpimp:

The rebuild kits including pistons bearing rings ect in Australia are about $750AUD or about $600ish USD.
A 3F long motor costs $2250AUD inc balancing ,OEM parts and labour and you could ship one to the US for about $1000:D
The carb is difficult to replace but everything else is available.

The 3F is still being made by Toyota as a dedicated LPG forklift engine so parts will be around for years;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom