Parting out a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
No. Not mine - yet. I spoke with a coworker's boyfriend who has an '86 60 that he wants to part out. He doesn't want to deal with shipping big parts so is hoping to find local people that would want to buy parts. I told him a big obstacle is there aren't a lot of 60-series owners left in these parts - probably in any parts - so finding local 60 owners that need parts he has will be a challenge. He's got a 55 that he's rebuilding and may keep some of the parts for that but hasn't decided yet.

I encouraged him to post here along with a list of basic details. I also encouraged him to get involved with TLCA and HDC since he obviously has an appreciation for the best off-road machine ever sold in the United States (I'm referring to the 60 he's parting out - Mike). He was reluctant because he doesn't have a running 4X4. I should have told him that I know people in the club with running 4X4s that never go on runs so it really wouldn't matter. He can still hang out on MUD and come to meetings and we'd be a great resource for him with his 55 resurrection.

So maybe he'll post some details soon or if you have a 60 and need some parts or want to attempt to convince him to sell it to you outright then I can contact him. He says the body is good, the suspension is stock and the motor needs to be rebuilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom