Parents destroyed my antenna... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My parents destroyed my antenna in a car wash. Do I just need to buy the antenna? Or are any other parts involved? Is this a hard job to do yourself?

I found part number 86337-60151. Do I need any other parts? Thanks!

Just the replacement mast should be all that's needed (if you can still hear the antenna motor run). I bought one off of Amazon, works fine.

Getting the old one out required a worrisome amount of force, but mine popped out without breaking the plastic "cable". Just unscrew the little bezel, have someone hit the antenna-up button, yank it out, slip bezel onto new mast, then feed the new one in and screw the bezel back on.

edit: this is the one I bought

Last edited:

As long as the plastic gear didn't break off in the motor, just do like mentioned.... unscrew bezel, pull on antenna while someone hits the up button (make note which way the teeth face Front or back). Generally the same for installation.

Consider spending the extra coin on the OEM mast. Mine was likely an isolated incident, but the cheap mast I purchased off eBay lasted only 12 hours and failed in such an awesome way that I had to pull and disassemble the motor to remove the plastic geared cord which was stuck in the motor.

After that, I bought an OEM mast and it's been fine for 3+ years.

Just replaced the mast on my 01 with an OEM from AntennaMastsrus.com
My experience with their antenna was not good, lasted about a year. Definitely not Toyota/Lexus OEM.... maybe Yugo OEM. :rofl:

My experience with their antenna was not good, lasted about a year. Definitely not Toyota/Lexus OEM.... maybe Yugo OEM. :rofl:

Lol, thanks for the heads up. Heft wise its on par with what I replaced. Time will tell. I’ll keep an eye on it.

for the cost your better off going with a factory antenna. easy way to remove the antenna nut is just lightly tap it off with a screw driver and hammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom