Panhard bars??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I figured it would be affected. I am going to run with it. If it turns out to be a problem I will rethink it.

I am not sure what affects ackerman considering the arms are designed for an 80 and my rig is shorter and narrower I expect that it might be affected even if I used the correct holes on the arms.

I have not researched it well enough to say I understand it, so I am sure I am in for a lesson.

You may wanna call Ruff Stuff and ask them about that for the hellfires. I would be interested in hearing what they have to say about the Ackerman on those knuckles.

I figured it would be affected. I am going to run with it. If it turns out to be a problem I will rethink it.

I am not sure what affects ackerman considering the arms are designed for an 80 and my rig is shorter and narrower I expect that it might be affected even if I used the correct holes on the arms.

I have not researched it well enough to say I understand it, so I am sure I am in for a lesson.
The wheelbase certainly is a factor but not a huge factor. Toyota often uses the same "Ackerman" angles for several wheelbases. But for a street vehicle, it is generally desirable for the inside turning wheel to have a tighter radius than the outside wheel. This does not apply to full time off-road vehicles and road racing vehicles. It is much easier to get that Ackerman angle when the steering arms come off the rear of the knuckles versus the front... as the wheels aren't in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom