Painted Hub Caps (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jeez Gum that looks like sheot!

Jk, me like!

I took this one step further. I used some silcon bathroom caulk and filled in the gold T emblem. I throughly cleaned off any that got on to the "silver" part of the cap. I painted them up and when the paint dried I pulled of the caulk and presto they caps looked just like new.

I also got some clean coat from Dupli-color I spray them with.

IMG_6193.JPG
IMG_6225.JPG
IMG_6226.JPG
There's a thread for everything...thx mud!

That silver's purty!

010.jpg

I went a different route with mine and painted everything a dark grey, then brushed in model paint on the sombreros. Came out nice and is easy to touch up when it gets scratched.

149.JPG

Back when she had flares...

I've seen a few instance of the red sombrero and I really like it. Job well done.

I would like to clean mine up, but I have 3 Lexus and one Toyota, may look a little odd if I bring more attention to that. :)

Mine are now black. After repainting them several times over the years I decided to use Rustoleum bedliner (you can get it at Walmart). I use my truck as a hunting vehicle in addition to wheeling in it. The trails down here cover over in grass pretty quickly and the long grass takes the paint right off the hubcaps. The bedliner stays on MUCH better than paint!

IMG_0830.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom