#%!# Pack Rats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had my LX parked for three months. Went to drive it today and found a pack rat made it inside. HOW? I have checked everywhere and cannot find an entry point. Bugger built HUGE nest in glove box. Found every loose small items piled underneath passenger seat. Found large cedar berries stash under foot rest and up into dash on drivers side. I have only found 5 chewed wires behind glove box. I have had LX parked there before and found a few twigs/etc in engine compartment.... but never inside. Thoughts? and thanks!

IMG_7688.jpg

Likely the fresh air inlet on passenger side below cowl. Recommend expanded metal mesh like gutter leaf guard held in place with butyl tape. Had to do this on daughter’s ES350 that sits outside. ES has a cabin HVAC inlet filter.. They don’t care. Ate right thru it.

Had my LX parked for three months. Went to drive it today and found a pack rat made it inside. HOW? I have checked everywhere and cannot find an entry point. Bugger built HUGE nest in glove box. Found every loose small items piled underneath passenger seat. Found large cedar berries stash under foot rest and up into dash on drivers side. I have only found 5 chewed wires behind glove box. I have had LX parked there before and found a few twigs/etc in engine compartment.... but never inside. Thoughts? and thanks!

View attachment 3587781
Make sure to set your HVAC system to recirculate when you park it to block access by rodents.

The screen is a good suggestion under the cowl.

I just had a similar thing happen to me here -- although so far it appears to be limited to the engine bay. And for those that don't click the link I will give a preview--- moth balls are not 100% percent effective in repelling rodents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom