p2445 secondary air pump and valve help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, noob here, and I apologize if this has been discussed a lot. I'm still learning how wo navigate this forum.

The vehicle is an 06 GX, and this is what’s going on:

About a month ago my secondary air injection pump failed and my lights went on. Took it to my mechanic, and he ran the codes-p2445. He said I needed a new pump as well as the pump valve. He also suggested that I change the other two valves, hoses, and gaskets. Work was done with Dorman pump and valves, but two days later the lights came back on (of course my car goes into limp mode until I reset lasting anywhere from a half a day to two days).

Took it back to the shop, and my mechanic is guessing that the issue is the connectors that come from the engine to meet the ones from the new valve. It's a well educated guess; he says that one of the connectors was pretty brittle, but he worked with it as best as he could. He's done solid work for me the last three years (going back to my 03 Sequoia), but I'm not sure that electrical is his forte...

A couple of questions: what are the names or part numbers for the connectors and does the diagnosis sound plausible? Also, anything else it could be? Fuses maybe? I already tried the changing the gas cap trick (the old one was aftermarket).

Also, I realize that many of you wrench on your own cars, but that's not me yet. My plan is to take it to a dealership and see what they say if he can't fix it this week.

Any suggestions, comments, advice for is greatly appreciated. Thx

Hey there, noob here, and I apologize if this has been discussed a lot. I'm still learning how wo navigate this forum.

The vehicle is an 06 GX, and this is what’s going on:

About a month ago my secondary air injection pump failed and my lights went on. Took it to my mechanic, and he ran the codes-p2445. He said I needed a new pump as well as the pump valve. He also suggested that I change the other two valves, hoses, and gaskets. Work was done with Dorman pump and valves, but two days later the lights came back on (of course my car goes into limp mode until I reset lasting anywhere from a half a day to two days).

Took it back to the shop, and my mechanic is guessing that the issue is the connectors that come from the engine to meet the ones from the new valve. It's a well educated guess; he says that one of the connectors was pretty brittle, but he worked with it as best as he could. He's done solid work for me the last three years (going back to my 03 Sequoia), but I'm not sure that electrical is his forte...

A couple of questions: what are the names or part numbers for the connectors and does the diagnosis sound plausible? Also, anything else it could be? Fuses maybe? I already tried the changing the gas cap trick (the old one was aftermarket).

Also, I realize that many of you wrench on your own cars, but that's not me yet. My plan is to take it to a dealership and see what they say if he can't fix it this week.

Any suggestions, comments, advice for is greatly appreciated. Thx
I replied in your other post. Search SAIS and you will find a kit that might solve your problems

I did the search for SAIS and everything seems to be about bypass kits (namely Hewitt which by all accounts is great).

I’d rather work with the new pump and valves, but if I don’t find a solution, I’ll probably end up doing the Hewitt.

My mechanic has the connectors on order, and they should be in tomorrow. I’ll post the part names if it’s a fix just in case it helps others.

In the meantime, my lights did not come on today lol. The darn thing has a mind of its own.

I did the search for SAIS and everything seems to be about bypass kits (namely Hewitt which by all accounts is great).

I’d rather work with the new pump and valves, but if I don’t find a solution, I’ll probably end up doing the Hewitt.

My mechanic has the connectors on order, and they should be in tomorrow. I’ll post the part names if it’s a fix just in case it helps others.

In the meantime, my lights did not come on today lol. The darn thing has a mind of its own.
I'm curious as well - replaced my pump and valves and the lights came back on a few days later. The guy who did the work is great (not me <smile>), and the secondary air pump probably needed replacement as he pulled a nest out as well. Super frustrating...looking for insight.

FYI, I pre-emptively did a SAIS bypass over two years ago and have had zero issues with it. The SAIS only works to reduce emissions for a short period of time during a "cold start", and provides a limited reduction in total emissions for the vehicle overall. IMO, the SAIS bypass is the way to go for these vehicles.

I replied in your other post. Search SAIS and you will find a kit that might solve your problems

FYI, I pre-emptively did a SAIS bypass over two years ago and have had zero issues with it. The SAIS only works to reduce emissions for a short period of time during a "cold start", and provides a limited reduction in total emissions for the vehicle overall. IMO, the SAIS bypass is the way to go for these vehicles.
Does your bypass kit employ the connectors from the engine?

Sorry if my question is stupid…

Does your bypass kit employ the connectors from the engine?

Sorry if my question is stupid…
When I initially installed it, no. It was a $50 SlyFox kit from eBay. I later replaced the starter and physically removed the pipes connecting the pump with the manifolds and blocked them off with some DIY alluminum blockoff plates.

FYI - no emissions inspections here in MO so I was able to do that. Seems unlikely in CA but I do think the Hewitt kit is pretty stealth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom