oztent foxwing is serious gear. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make sure it is well staked 2 per pole. Mine took off at 3:00 am during a sudden wind gust in Southern Utah last year and snapped two support rods at the central hinge. The plastic insert was designed to the breakable 'fuse' and it was easily replaced with a kit distributed by Rhino Racks
Awesome product.

Reactions: RFB
Make sure it is well staked 2 per pole.
Awesome product.

100% true.

The very first time I deployed my foxwing, in between opening it and staking down the support tubes, a light gust of wind wrapped it over the top of my truck.
It broke one hinge but also bent two of the horizontal spars. Pissed me off to say the least.

The awning did come with two extra hinges so the replacement was easy enough, and I did manage to straighten the bent spars enough to get the awning into the stowed position.
Rhino Rack was less than sympathetic.

Make sure it is well staked 2 per pole. Mine took off at 3:00 am during a sudden wind gust in Southern Utah last year and snapped two support rods at the central hinge. The plastic insert was designed to the breakable 'fuse' and it was easily replaced with a kit distributed by Rhino Racks
Awesome product.
makes sense I was wondering why that link seemed under built. good call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom