Overlanding battery questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have two questions.

1. I bought my GX 2 years ago and it came with a 24 month battery. We do Overlanding and have been places were if the GX doesn't start, we would be in trouble (I do carry a jump start battery). What is the general consensus on replacing the battery after the "months" are up but still works? Usually I run them until they won't start the car which I think most folks do.
2. Have you guys used the Toyota batteries? Seems the 27F battery is around $150 and is an 84 month battery. Pretty good. Years ago a 5 year battery was standard practice but now a days 3 year batteries are normal and expensive (a lot more than $150). Heck, Walmart sells 12 month batterys which is crazy.

Thanks for your thoughts.

PS. I had an Toyota MR2 and was on several forums. Most MR2 batteries were 10 year plus: several had the OEM battery after 15 years. Mine was an old battery when I got it and it lasted my entire ownership of 7 years. It was very odd.

I run the 27F from Costco. It’s an interstate battery with 3 year warranty for like $100.

I carry one of those rechargeable jump starters.

I replace my battery right around the 38 to 48 month mark because they dont last past that.

I have a solar panel and a Bluetti power station to run a small fridge, charge batteries for gadgets, power lights and fan.

So, not hitting my car battery with extra demand other than auxbeam spot led lights.

I had a Lexus 27F battery when I first got the rig in 2017 and I had the dealer pro-rate the previous Lexus battery and they still charged me $100 to replace. The Lexus battery only lasted 48 months just as the replacement period ended.

I decided to switch to Costco battery at that time. The Lexus dealer is so busy around here that it’s not practical to go in without appointment that you have to make a week in advance at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom