Overland Interest & Material (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Volunteer

Bayou State Land Cruiser Association
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bslca.com
I've been bit by the overland and backcountry travel bug and have been doing a lot of reading this week and wanted to start a place to park some of the information I've ran across for future conversation and interest. From what I hear I'm not the only one in our group and see the same spark and interest from others :)

9 DOMESTIC OVERLAND TRIPS FOR YOUR BUCKET LIST
9 Domestic Overland Trips For Your Bucket List - Four Wheeler Magazine

The 10 Greatest Overland Adventures in North America
- The 10 Greatest Overland Adventures in North America

TOP 10 USED OVERLAND VEHICLES, picks for North America
Top 10 Used Overland Vehicles | Expedition Portal

This looks like a great trip even if you had to break it up into two separate trips to do it all :) If the LR's can do it you know our Toys wouldn't have any issues. TransAmTrail.com

Last edited:
LOL I can certainly understand that :) thank you much for the offer I might have to work my way up but would be all for it. Beautiful area in the spring and summer but can be a son of a gun in the winter for Southern boys :)

a tad old isn`t it ? nothing newer

a tad old isn`t it ? nothing newer

Still reading but lots of the articles I read speak highly of the Samsung tablets with expandable SD slot. I have the Samsung Galaxy in my Amazon shopping cart and I was already leaning that way because I already have their phone so they will get along just fine need something dedicated to the Nav function so I'm not flipping back and forth on the phone. I used 2 GPS units and the phone on the Colorado trip that was too much.

A good tablet to build by nav system off of? - Page 2 - Expedition Portal

AH ! so!

I have an old(1st gen 2012) google nexus 7, that I no longer used around the house. So, I mounted it in the cruiser and I use it as my media player/GPS(BackCountry navigator)/gauges(OBDII over bluetooth). It works well, although I do wish I could separate my GPS from the rest, but I can't justify having 2 tablets in the cruiser right now. LOL!

I have an old(1st gen 2012) google nexus 7, that I no longer used around the house. So, I mounted it in the cruiser and I use it as my media player/GPS(BackCountry navigator)/gauges(OBDII over bluetooth). It works well, although I do wish I could separate my GPS from the rest, but I can't justify having 2 tablets in the cruiser right now. LOL!

Nice, hope to check your setup out what mount did you go with? I can certainly understand that I don't want to turn the dash into the space shuttle cockpit either I was almost there the last trip. I've seen people mount the 10 inch tablets into the Dash for GPS/Radio/Sat Radio and their needs but not really interested in having it do a bunch of things rather just the GPS tracking and Navigation rather have it do one thing and do it well nothing is worse than following a GPS route and having it crash because it was trying to multi-task and got overheated or confused.

Not ready to go to this extent yet
tm110-vehicle.jpg

This guy is making some nice mounts for the Tacos I'm going to reach out to him.
Home

I bought Sam's track of the TAT for Arkansas, TN, NC this guy has some interesting videos showing several legs of the TAT he was traveling from NC to Oregon in a stock 4 Runner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom