Overland Expo East 2018 - 11/9-11 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In honor of today being the Marine Corps birthday, you need to hurry up and unf@$& that mess, and get some polish on those ass stompers!
It was great to meet ya’ll at Overland Expo simply by accident and be able to join some folks with some awesome rigs! I was one of the guys that arrived on Thursday and was routed to the back of Camp East and just ended up next to you. I was in the black LC200 with my 2 daughters. Great learning about Upstate Cruisers! Looking forward to joining in future events.
:bounce:

MVIMG_20181111_062850~3.jpg
IMG_20181111_063716~2.jpg

That does not look fun. After work the past few weeks, I’m tired of mud.

Sounds like there were a fair amount of folks that left due to issues with parking and shuttles.

That does not look fun. After work the past few weeks, I’m tired of mud.

Sounds like there were a fair amount of folks that left due to issues with parking and shuttles.

Yeah we got a lot of overflow from that while I was still at work yesterday. Shot our wait times up to 2 hours for a table, which just angered them further.

Yeah we got a lot of overflow from that while I was still at work yesterday. Shot our wait times up to 2 hours for a table, which just angered them further.
Yeah, my wife and I spent a couple hours at Sierra Nevada yesterday while we were playing up in the mountains. Seemed unusually crowded.

Weather sucked but had a blast anyways!

20181111_084454.jpg

20181110_115828.jpg

20181110_114208.jpg

20181110_111750.jpg

20181110_111545.jpg

More...

20181110_111534.jpg

20181110_110422.jpg

20181109_113935.jpg

20181108_170845.jpg

I had a really good time, enjoyed seeing all the cool stuff that I couldn't afford. Amazed at how awful the logistical planning turned out, especially the long shuttle lines. I did end up making $20 giving a couple of guys a ride back into Brevard Saturday, so it's not all bad.

Best part of the weekend was @Trollhole 's Vodka bar this morning
20181111_131732.jpg

It was great to meet ya’ll at Overland Expo simply by accident and be able to join some folks with some awesome rigs! I was one of the guys that arrived on Thursday and was routed to the back of Camp East and just ended up next to you. I was in the black LC200 with my 2 daughters. Great learning about Upstate Cruisers! Looking forward to joining in future events.

@SCDerby Good times! Glad you ended up in our area. This is Tad btw (blue 200/brown 100). What did your children think of it all? Ours have almost come to expect mediocre to poor conditions at Expo but have a good time every year.

Couldn't imagine being there today in this rain!

Maybe the rain today will turn the mud into soup and make it easier to fix...

Maybe the rain today will turn the mud into soup and make it easier to fix...

I actually sat on my porch this AM with coffee and a blanket and pondered how many poor people / how long it will take to repair that.

I took one photo of the fire pit and now I keep getting Solo Stove advertisements in my newsfeed.

@SCDerby Good times! Glad you ended up in our area. This is Tad btw (blue 200/brown 100). What did your children think of it all? Ours have almost come to expect mediocre to poor conditions at Expo but have a good time every year.
The kids loved it, mud and all. They told me that we’d be doing it again on the drive home so Id say it was a success! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom