Our trip to Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
May 20 to 27,
Golden an I split our trip out an back. It's jut gittin to be to much for a 1 day drive. Stayd in the Walmart lot on way out an friend Jim & Bonnie's home on the way back.
Raind on us most a the way out. Had a close call with an over the double yellow s 10 blazer.
Sat. we did Rose Garden hill with Jim. The rest of the folks from Wichita was still in route, in the snow... Nothin much tuff. Jus purdy backcountry. Did encounter a group headin the other way. f250 crew cab, 4 runner & double cab toy. Told them to look the hill over afore headin down.
Sun. we had 5 rigs for Hells revenge, 3 jeeps 2 FJ40's Most of us did hells gate. An had 3 layovers on escalator. I think we could show ya where the line ain't.. Saw a ford crown vic police interceptor ther at the bottom. He was goin back the way he came in.
I let more air out of my mtr with kevlar finally settlin on 6 psi rear 8 frunt. I don't think they grip & flex near as gude as the old style.
Went an did Potato salid hill afore headin back to camp. I spoted everone up an then the hot dog cruiser refused to go up the same line. I found the power steerin pump bracket broken an had ta git it welded at Moab jeep supply.
Mon we did Prichertt Canyon. Man it got tuffr in 11 years.. Broke tthe center link bracket an had to weld it with my own underhood welder. It cut aloose a storm while there. Only Jim & I attemped rocke knocker. We lost count of how many time we used the winches. playd a while on the dunes on the way out. Ate at Zac's.
Tues. We did 7 mile rim & wipeout hill an stopped by Tusher tunnel on the way out.
Wend. Cliffhanger. Fun one. Jim layed his Fj40 over onto the driverside commin down the 3rd hill. Pick up his windsheild on the way out. And did a little back country body werk to his windsheild frame afore headin to town fer new glass. After lunch my buddy Keith said, "You mean we gotta drive back out the same way?"
Now we have all 3 jeeps needin repairs. Bushins in frunt control arms. An the rear lockr is always lockd in Keith's Rubi. Got the bushins replaced and Keith got a Detroit put in but didn't git his jeep back till Fri. afternoon.
Thurs. Goldn Spike. Long trail, 9 hrs. 2 FJ40's & 1 jeep
Golden did a lota walkin an videoin. Looked at Rusty nail, Arlene Said NO! Took about 9 mins back to town on hwy.... Once ya got to the hwy.
Fri. Kane Creek. Play in water on the only warm day we really had. Fun fun. I got to pull a yj up the bigger hill bet he gits a rear locker soon. Will try an git pictures up soon time at Library is endin.
C Ya, Don P.

what a great trip. you did as much in one visit as I have done in three. we might have to call you King Moab Tour guide.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom