Our new camping trailer....

Clutchee

I'm fun sized!
Well some may know last year we started using a small pop up:)

Great way to start into trailer camping....small, light, elec,water, but....no shower or toilet.

So a week ago dad & I make a trip over to a local camper center that has quite a few pop ups....just goofing & spending the day together.
(not many dealers around here have pop ups....mostly larger RV's only)

After shopping around I come to find out that a pop up with shower & toilet & fridge, stove, ect is 12K plus.....:eek:

So.....as we are leaving the owner shows us the last remaing Que he has....:hmm:............its sale priced just a little more than a pop up:idea:

Advantages: BIGGEST-no cranking it up:clap:
Shower, toilet, full kitchen, queen bed, air, heat, hot water, I could keep going but you get the idea.:clap:

Disadvantages: taller-more wind drag, heavier:meh:

So I head home & tell the :princess:...........Bingo we have a new camper.

A few pics to enjoy.
db_2007_que_54_se1.jpg
492401_1.jpg
492401.jpg

Clutchee

I'm fun sized!
Nice camper, how many does it sleep comfortably?

Well it makes a queen bed.....so 2 (comfortably)....3 if you like them;)

This was one thing that I pondered since dad just got a 40.....but I offered the pop up to him & he opted for the OZ Tent.

Kinda wanted something for the wife & I to enjoy...no kids are in our future.

Clutchee

I'm fun sized!
Yep, heading to Henry Horton tomarrow.....close enought that we can forget the mustard & go home get & drive back in 10 minutes;)

Figured stay close to home first trip to have a learning curve:D

THATS WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW WENT CAMPING THIS WEEKEND DOWN IN HOLISTER, CA. COLD/RAIN. THE POP-UP IS GREAT BUT SIZE IS BECOMING AN ISSUE. (2 DAUGHTERS AND WIFE).
STOPPED IN AND SHOPPED FOR A 5TH WHEEL TODAY.
BIG MONEY!!!! BUT I THINK THE WIFE IS READY TO MAKE THE MOVE. (READ: SHE NOW HAS A JOB) IT'LL BE TOUGHT TO GIVE UPTHE OLD POP-UP EASE OF USE AND LOW MAINTAINANCE.

GREAT BUY
I'M A LITTLE JEALOUS.

Clutchee

I'm fun sized!
THATS WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW WENT CAMPING THIS WEEKEND DOWN IN HOLISTER, CA. COLD/RAIN. THE POP-UP IS GREAT BUT SIZE IS BECOMING AN ISSUE. (2 DAUGHTERS AND WIFE).
STOPPED IN AND SHOPPED FOR A 5TH WHEEL TODAY.
BIG MONEY!!!! BUT I THINK THE WIFE IS READY TO MAKE THE MOVE. (READ: SHE NOW HAS A JOB) IT'LL BE TOUGHT TO GIVE UPTHE OLD POP-UP EASE OF USE AND LOW MAINTAINANCE.

GREAT BUY
I'M A LITTLE JEALOUS.

Understand....we went to only look.....read in wife said no new camper:rolleyes:

One thing to do is look at a few different dealers & different models......we were set on a new pop up with shower/toilet/fridge.....but again it was within 1k of what we paid for a hard sided camper:idea:

I would honeslty look at a model thats been there a year or more but is still new...you can get them to come off a bunch;););)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom