OTC tools

Looking for a tie-rod puller, or separator, however you want to call it. Is OTC a good tool brand? Have seen it advertised but never seen anything close up so just wondering about it. Thanks for any insight.

Another option, $88.

http://www.brandsplace.com/0246-kd-41690.html

brandsplace_1945_767396

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
SILVER Star
The correct OTC puller is the mac-daddy for Cruiser work. I just lent mine to another mud member or I would post a pic. It works amazingly well and does not damage the rubber boot or the threads. It's costly, though, roughly $60. I think Cruiserdan posted a pic of the same one, you might try a search.

Cruiserdrew, this the puller you're talking about? If so, it works very well, at least the Matco version. I borrowed one from a friend and liked the idea of having one around so I'm looking, but not before soliciting opinions from people who know more (that wuld be just about everyone) about this stuff than I do. On sale for $41 or so from thetoolwarehouse.net.

Last edited:

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
SILVER Star
Cruiserdrew, this the puller you're talking about? If so, it works very well, at least the Matco version. I borrowed one from a friend and liked the idea of having one around so I'm looking, but not before soliciting opinions from people who know more (that wuld be just about everyone) about this stuff than I do. On sale for $41 or so from thetoolwarehouse.net.

THat's the one. $41 is a great price.

Blue77FJ40

SILVER Star
I agree on OTC. That looks like the one I bought for my '85 mini, and it works fine on my '40. Makes pulling tie rod ends a snap. Literally, the ends come right off wth a pop.

Pop indeed. LOL. When the first one broke loose I thought I'd busted the darn thing in half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom