Opinion(s) on 03's value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the next month or two, we'll be getting a new Sequoia. We planned on trading our 03 100 series in, but their offer is pretty low.

It's an 03, 262k miles, White/tan, original AZ rig w/no rust. It has BFG A/T's on it (1/2 tread), 2.5" OME lift w/medium springs, Metaltech sliders.

We've put a few grand into it in the past couple years (new radiator, timing belt, water pump...some other stuff I'm forgetting)

It's our daily driver, but is in nice shape. Never abused. Everything works...it has NAV and factory DVD. It has an aftermarket exhaust system on it. It's a nice V8 sound without sounding obnoxious.

There's a few small issues (needs new CV boot, trailer wiring harness at the bumper is held on by a zip tie, my wife tells me that if the driver's side is exposed to the sun in 100+ temps, sometimes the door lock won't work...I can't seem to replicate the problem).

The leather is good - no tears or rips, 3rd row seats are there. I have the original running boards. I also have a new antenna and newer NAV disc, both uninstalled.

What do you guys/gals think this thing is worth?

The wheels are powdercoated, not painted (matching spare). I just took these when the wife got home, so this is "as driven" today.

I remembered another "bad". The hood struts are shot...it won't stay up on its own.

A "good" is that it has an aftermarket audio system in it. I can remove the amp & turn back on the factory amp, which will activate the factory sub. (I had my own sub in it when I drove it & removed it when the Mrs. started driving it last year) I forget what speakers I put in...one or two of the factory speakers were shot when I got it, so I threw them away.

I also may entertain a trade for a nice, original FJ40...ready to drive.

P1060423.JPG

P1060418.JPG

P1060419.JPG

P1060420.JPG

P1060417.JPG

Last edited:
In the next month or two, we'll be getting a new Sequoia. We planned on trading our 03 100 series in, but their offer is pretty low.

It's an 03, 262k miles, White/tan, original AZ rig w/no rust. It has BFG A/T's on it (1/2 tread), 2.5" OME lift w/medium springs, Metaltech sliders.

We've put a few grand into it in the past couple years (new radiator, timing belt, water pump...some other stuff I'm forgetting)

It's our daily driver, but is in nice shape. Never abused. Everything works...it has NAV and factory DVD.

There's a few small issues (needs new CV boot, trailer wiring harness at the bumper is held on by a zip tie, my wife tells me that if the driver's side is exposed to the sun in 100+ temps, sometimes the door lock won't work...I can't seem to replicate the problem).

The leather is good - no tears or rips, 3rd row seats are there. I have the original running boards. I also have a new antenna and newer NAV disc, both uninstalled.

What do you guys/gals think this thing is worth?
Post a few pictures of it. Ext and int pics

I would throw it up on Craigslist for somewhere between 9-12k and see what kind of traffic you get cruiser prices have become astronomical over the last couple of years so people must be willing to pay a good price. We bought our LX with just shy of 300k but all services performed at Lexus or Toyota on the mark to include all major mileage intervals and timing belt even batteries and tires. We paid 4500 but that was after shopping around there were plenty in similar mileage ranges at twice the cost and worse condition that sold for asking price.

I think you are somewhere in the range of 6-8k. For the locking issue your wife reports the actuator motor needs to be replaced. Its a pain so I have not done mine yet. Drivers door was done by PO, and I dont normally have passengers. Only one of my doors will lock or unlock when there is extreme heat. So yours does not sound bad enough to worry about. GLWS!

Get it detailed. Provide a list of all maintenance and dates if you have them, new owners like to have details especially on Landcruisers. Remember that people will judge with their eyes first so appearance will and does matter.

The high end of the scale for this truck with the miles etc. will likely be $8000. Expect to have people low ball you, like $5000. Good luck with your sale.

Get it detailed. Provide a list of all maintenance and dates if you have them, new owners like to have details especially on Landcruisers. Remember that people will judge with their eyes first so appearance will and does matter.

The high end of the scale for this truck with the miles etc. will likely be $8000. Expect to have people low ball you, like $5000. Good luck with your sale.

I think you would agree if someone was willing to trade a clean, original running FJ40 for a 100 series with this many miles jump on it quick. Not saying the 40 is a better vehicle just that the market for clean 40s is better than a high miles 100 series. Next year there a better chance it going to go up on value while a 100 series is more likely to go down.

$5k With tax savings, that equates to $5500. To me, it's not worth the hassle to sell it if it's only worth $6, or, frankly, $7.

You might be doing someone a big favor by selling it to them for cash at or near the dealer's offer. It's not easy to find rigs that are priced reasonably that can be wheeled without stress. You don't lose anything (other than having to spend a little more time on it, and making new friends), and the dealer doesn't care. Easy good karma...

You might be doing someone a big favor by selling it to them for cash at or near the dealer's offer. It's not easy to find rigs that are priced reasonably that can be wheeled without stress. You don't lose anything (other than having to spend a little more time on it, and making new friends), and the dealer doesn't care. Easy good karma...
This is exactly what I was going to say. If I was ready to buy today I would take a $6k rig with high mileage over waiting for my golden goose and having to pay double.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom