For Sale One of the better fjs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

73fj40 so.cal new photos

:steer :Available. 9/73 fj 40, with rebuilt 2f engine, professional paint in, out and under. 2.5" lift rides smooth and straight, Cruise 70 mph all day in this daily driver. new windshield, rear front facing rear seat, tuffy console with cd, new carpet kit, original PTO winch. 5 new goodyear MTRs. roof rack, This is solid running rig. Runs cool, everthing woks but the dome light. New drum brakes, calipers all around, This was mostly rust free when I got it 7 years ago and completly rust free now. It has a super smooth shifting 4 speed. Well........I can go on forever if interested, I am in Souther Ca. and one can drive this back east if one had to.

Asking $16K,
jeff@bestsignsinc.com DSC01911.JPG

4x4 weekend at Borrego Springs 10 2008 066.jpg

DSC02642.JPG
DSC01911.JPG
4x4 weekend at Borrego Springs 10 2008 066.jpg
DSC02642.JPG

Last edited:
Where's the rig currently located? I'm based in San Diego, and would be interested in taking a look in person. Thanks.

Mark

Truck is in Palm Springs. Welcome to have a look-see and take it out for a ride. Just had it detailed for you.
DSC03893.jpg
DSC03894.jpg

Interesting reply Living in the Past, The vin plate on the door frame says 9-73 but.....with the 4 speed and 2F I used to think maybe this was some kind of transitional rig where they used up some 73 parts and stared in with some 74 stuff. Now I think that it's a 9-73 with a newer engine, original 4 speed. It does not have the later model wiper motor so I'm going with '73. Final answer......1973.

What makes you say '74 Past Life. cause I'm intrested

Factory rollbar and those tail light make it a 74 model. Wipers and 2F were a 75 change not 74. The model year almost always starts months into the year before. I own a 73 model with no factory rollbar and round tail lights. The reverse light was large one model year only light mounted into the tub not the rear crossmember.:cheers:

Ya , this thing has had me puzzled for years. Does not the Vin plate make it a 73 with 74 parts. I dont know what to make of the VIN. I keep seeing 9-73 on that plate and it makes me think 73. Thanks for your information I dont know anybody that knows enough about Fjs to give me straight answers.

Model year almost always starts months the year before. Some year the changes were so small it hard to tell models years apart. The 74 model was the first year with a rollbar. tail light with a seperate turn signal with a reverse light included. The corner refectors also started with the 74 model. Your has a later 2F so no way now to know if it had the last F with the 2F oiling system. All 74 I've seen had them but your is a very early 74. Sometime in the 74 model they switched from a three speed to a four speed. I would like to see a picture of rear license plate bracket. I know most had the one with two lights but I hear some had the earlier one light.

rear plate

See rear plate. Thanks for your help in figuring out this "combo platter" of an FJ.

with the photo this time

Still for sale
DSC03892.jpg

Heater with the vent on top was also a 74 model. I was told here on Mud the license plate bracket changed during the model year just like the three to four speed transmission. Believe me I am not knocking your truck. Nothing wrong with either a 73 or 74. Yours seems to be a very clean survivor. Good luck with your sale.

" But Wait!, Theres More!"

Did I forget to mention an allmost new tan besttop comes with the the deal. I will also throw in New tree straps tow straps, air compressor tire patch kit and tire deflators and some other stuf all these are new and still in the box as I won the stuff in a raffle a couple of months ago. This rig is as every bit as good as it looks. Turn key road, trail ready and a sound investment for years of fun.

PMed ya, but there is a thread here on Mud with 2F engine serial numbers. The number is stamped into a pad that sits below the head, behind the distributor on the passengers side. Get the number and search the FAQ too. From what you describe and the pics, the truck itself is probably a '74 model produced in late '73. I have a similar rig ...

Desert cruiser

Mark,

Rig can be seen in Palm Springs. I put some for sale signs on it and parked on a busy street in front of my shop. Thought it was gonna cause an accident, so many people slowing down and stopping to have a look .Couple of serious prospects and I am already starting to get sellers remorse. call for more info where it can be seen and drivin. 760-275-0004. Haven't seen the cash yet so itd still good to go.

FJ40 look again

Looks like everybody here wants to spend money and time over greater amounts of time here. I can understand that, did it myself. To other sellers.... I put vinyl for sale lettering on it and parked it in front of my work ( busy street ) getting much more
action there than the web. ;p
puppies and  land cruiser 040.jpg
puppies and  land cruiser 039.jpg
puppies and  land cruiser 046.jpg

Hmmmm.

A, One Time Only Bump, :meh:

a very nice rig...what really surprises me is that so many people will shell out much more $$$ for a new/newer vehicle that can never come close to exuding the coolness of this rig.

once again...if I only had the spare funds at this time :frown:

:cheers: good luck with the sale -- it's a mighty fine rig!

bump for ya, very sweet ride. I like the attention to detail on this rig.

Lets do this

Mark,

$ 14.5 k is going to take this rig, Let me know your travel plans. I can probably pick you up in Ontario Ca. It might save you some money as flying into PS can be pricey sometimes.

760-275-0004
Jeff

Sold sold sold!!!

Only in California....... A 65 year old retired stewardess made an offer of $16,000 for my cruizer today. Knows nothing about Toyotas, can barely get in the rig, but she said she had to have it because it was just ADORABLE!! Lady has a like new 95 jeep wrangler in the garage, said it has never been offroad. The more I pointed out why she should not buy this rig the more she wanted it. No power steering, no power brakes, no air conditioning and you all know that driving these takes some effort. Anyway.......Sold it to a guy in Chicago that will appreciate it for $14.5K

ps she said the "thing" on the bumper was cool!. she would be talking about the PTO winch.:cheers:

SOLD

Thank you all.

:crybaby:

:cheers:

congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom