one barrel rebuild

I am rebuilding an early one barrel for my '67 fj45 and need some rebuild info on it. My F engine manual shows the later one barrel with the fuel shutoff solenoid. Mine is prior to that, with the big rectangular sight glass for the float. What I need most is float level adjustments and step up rod height. But if anyone can point me to a manual for that carb, that would be great.

thanks,
david

You might PM IDave as he has a couple of 1bbl carbs, but I don't know if they are the "big window" carbs or not. Mark Algazy at Marksoffroad.net is also a 1bbl Guru. You can PM him at 65SWB45.

GL

Ed

Chapter 4, actually. :) Thanks so much for the link, that's awesome to have online. Thanks also to whoever took the time to scan that. 122 MB! I'm glad I downloaded that at work on a T1, instead of the dialup at home!!

Now to get back to that project.
David

treerootCO said:
Wait a minute.....I have that online :)

http://www.root45.com/tech2.html

Chapter 6 of the F135 repair manual. Specs also on 0-4.

Landpimp said:
my 66 small window has the fuel cutoff, my 65 big window does not.
My '67 45 had a rochester or something when I bought it. I got a small window with fuel shutoff and rebuilt it. The step-up rod was missing parts and I got a carb for parts which turned out to be a big window carb. My truck was built in '64 and not wired for a fuel cutoff, so now I'm rebuilding the big window carb to replace the other.

Landpimp

GOLD Star

clear as mud to me ;)

2manycruisers said:
My '67 45 had a rochester or something when I bought it. I got a small window with fuel shutoff and rebuilt it. The step-up rod was missing parts and I got a carb for parts which turned out to be a big window carb. My truck was built in '64 and not wired for a fuel cutoff, so now I'm rebuilding the big window carb to replace the other.

Top Bottom