OME vs OEM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the major body sway that has been described by many others in the forum. I am had my LX450 checked out by a mechanic and he feels that it is my springs that need to be replaced. (I have already had my shocks replaced). Also my bushing have a little movement but not enough to cause the major body sway/roll I am getting.

So I am thinking of replacing the springs. So the question is OME or OEM. I do not want a lift and would like to keep this as simple as possible. I know OME offers a "no lift" spring replacement which would be the way I would go.

What is the advantage of going OME?

What is the advantage of going OEM (if any)?

Thanks

Robb

I dont have many miles on my OME's, it is lifted. But I'm very pleased with the ride, and would assume so from the stock height OMEs as well. That aside listening to other people, new O.E.M.'s should result in a nice ride as well. Like someone put it "these trucks are getting to ~15 years old". If the spring have never been changed I would guess even OEM would be worlds better.

Just my .02 USD

I like both. Check your tires,go with stronger sidewalls.Its helped me. mike

I have never had a lift. I have read a great deal about how everyone seems to love the OME springs. So before I go out and spend the money on something aftermarket I wanted to check to see if OEM was just as good if not better.

I appreciate everything about my LX450 -- I just need it to drive like a truck and not like a boat. The sway is so bad at highway speeds it scares me sometimes. I am really worried it is even safe to drive as it is right now.

Thanks

Probably has the original Lexus shocks they are way too soft. The stock LX springs are close to LC units, measure your hub center to flare, if it's ~19.5 they haven't sagged, are good to go. If so by simply replacing the shocks with a new stock LC set it will ride much better. They are ~$120 from Dan.

I have the major body sway that has been described by many others in the forum.

I assume that you and/or the mechanic confirmed the factory sway bars and sway bar bushings are in good shape and installed correctly, but I wanted to double check. If the LX sits level when parked and doesn't bounce off the bump-stops front to back when going over speed bumps, I'd be inclined to think is is sway bar related since you only mention sway as the problem.

Just a thought - I just bought my 80 last year.. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom