OME Nitrocharger sport, softer valving option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

Recently I bought OME nitrocharger sport setup for my lc200.

Part numbers:
1-Front shocks are 90017 not 91005, didn't I found anyone who has that front shock online. This is supposedly the softer valving option for lc200 and since I don't have a bullbar and plan to keep my vehicle at it's lightest this should be the correct shock.
2-Front springs are 2702, same spring rate as the 2700 but slightly longer, this is installed because the engine is the 2UZFE cast iron block which is heavier than the common 5.7 aluminum block in most other countries.
3-Rear shocks are 61029 not 61030, again it's the softer valving option.
4-Rear springs are 2722.

I have heard a lot of complaints on forums that the OME Nitrocharger Sport shocks are stiff to the point of being uncomfortable (subjective)
I personally enjoy the floaty Cadillac feeling from the stock 200 but bottoming out is not fun, I am still worried about the OME being harsh. It's a compromise. Ideally a bypass shock is what I want, but it's too expensive to put in my slightly beat up 09.

I am planning on getting them installed this weekend and will post my initial impression, since I couldn't find any write up on the 90017 shocks.

Just had everything installed. I did not notice any stiffness or harshness. Ride feels oem to me on the road. I suspect the 90017 front shocks (softer valving) are the reason. I have heard somewhere that they will firm up with time when the oil and nitrogen bubbles separate, but I'll have to wait and see.
Took it for less 5 minutes on a really bumpy road. Didn't notice any comfort gain over OEM, but OEM for me was very comfortable to start with. I notice that on whoops it's much harder to bottom out, I (almost) feel like a can jump it without it bottoming out.
With stock UCA the steering is slightly numb, but I think I will get used to it. Corner handling is still very good. Drove 160 kph and felt controlled.
Brake dive is reduced a lot. I hated the brake dive so much on oem set up.
I will add more details later as I test it more.

Took it offroad. It handled great, soaked bumps and made the experience very enjoyable and felt much safer. My only complaint is a bit of bump steer, I think UCA's should solve it?
I am glad I picked the 90017 instead of the 91005 since they weren't too stiff and felt great. The only thing I can think about now is if I am that happy with the nitrochargers what would I think if I bought the BP51 or kings. Truly the best mod you can do to the LC is the suspension.

Ok, so I found out it was not bump steer. It's actually when I compress the wheel the caster is regained, which while turning tries to pull the steering back to center.
Reason for my new conclusion:
It only happens when driving fast
It only happens while turning
It doesn't happen when hitting bumps going in a straight line.
Since lifting made me lose caster angle, when the wheel is compressed the wheel position is closer to its oem position which restores a bit caster which in turn cause the wheels to try to return to straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom