Ome kit in hand...trim spacer needed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off,,,,,,,thanks for all the previous help recently. You guys rock.

I did perform a few searches; however, nothing came up.

What's with the trim spacers from Old Man Emu and do I need one or more?

I understand that there can be a bit of lag on driver's side.

How do I know if I need the front spacer to level her out beforehand? How do I know if I need the REAR spacer to lever her out beforehand?

I sure as HELL am not going to be taking it back to the shop afterwards to pay for a freakin' spacer to be installed.

????

The half-dozen or so OME lifts I've installed on FJC's didn't need any trim spacers, but YMMV. I suppose it depends somewhat on how anal you would be about 1/2" difference between sides (which no one could tell without measuring).

If you're going to pay someone to install the lift, tell them ahead of time you want it to be even on both sides - but don't be surprised if they charge you more.

Last edited:
roger.....appreciate it.

i ASSume it would be on the front driver's side, correct?

thanks

went ahead and order a PAIR of OME 95PF5 trim packers.....Read that the "Landcruiser Lean" can droop up to an INCH on the left front side.

These will account for nearly that amount.

Thanks Gents !!!!!!!!!!

Measure your truck as it sits now and see how much of a difference you have. With the OME, it shouldn't be quite as bad, but it'll give you a baseline of how much weight imbalance you have. I prefer to measure with the driver in it since it's usually gonna be driven that way (I hope).

I've measured some FJCs that are within 1/8" while the worst has been 1 1/8" (which IS noticeably visible).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom