OME BP-51 Settings on 2015 GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a lifted GX470 (Toytech kit) and am now about to lift my 2015 GX460, this time with the OME BP-51 kit. I already purchased the BP-51 kit with SPC upper control arms and will be installing the kit myself. I've searched here on Mud and on Club Lexus, but I can't find any information about the settings that BP-51 owners are using. Can any current BP-51 owners please help me? Specifically, the spring preload and compression/rebound settings. I understand the preload is set at the factory at 20mm for a steel bumper and winch but I think that will be too much for me. I only want 2"-2.5" of lift.

For my setup, I am not planning on a steel bumper or winch right now but I will be installing OPOR sliders at the same time as the suspension upgrade. Other info; no roof rack or other weight above stock. I will be installing the GX460 Fsport wheels with 275/70R18 BF Goodrich KO2 E rated tires.

Any help with preload and compression/rebound settings is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sean

Slee off-road installs quite a few on GX’s (I was considering same kit), so I’d give them a call. You’ll likely have to leave a message but they will call you back. interested to see how you like them...might reconsider. I do recall them telling me I’d need to get their bracket for the rez’s.

Slee off-road installs quite a few on GX’s (I was considering same kit), so I’d give them a call. You’ll likely have to leave a message but they will call you back. interested to see how you like them...might reconsider. I do recall them telling me I’d need to get their bracket for the rez’s.

Thanks for the response. I didn't know Slee makes a bracket for the remote reservoir. I bought these through Cruiser Outfitters and Bryce did mention that I would have to work with the brackets since they are designed for the 4Runner. I will give Slee a call.

Thanks again!

Well...I reached out to Slee and spoke to a very helpful gentleman (don't remember his name). Slee doesn't sell the remote reservoir bracket and only install them when they install the BP-51 kit. He also wasn't able to help with any of the settings because there are too many variables and each of their installs and shock settings are customer specific.

So, can anyone else chime in...please? I really don't want to take the front shock assembly on and off multiple times to adjust ride height if I don't have to. I guess there aren't that many GX460's with a BP-51 suspension?

There is a BP51 kit just for KDSS equipped trucks OME4RNR10MKBP5KD
If you call ARB and ask for the part number for the KDSS reservoir bracket I'm sure they'll have it

As for initial setting I have measured the GX gets about 1/2 the front lift as a 4Runner. So I set my 6112 for 1.7" and got roughly an inch.

You don't have to disassemble the car to adjust them, you just unload that wheel and use the wrench to turn the collar.

If you haven’t already, join and search the Facebook group GXOR (Gx OffRoad). It is a very active and mostly helpful group. Many modified GXers with a wealth of knowledge and experience. Be sure to search before you pose a query;)

That group and marketplace are the only reasons I log onto FB anymore...

That is all the help I can offer! Post up a pic when you get that done eh?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom