Old School FJ45 Desert Racer Find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Using the solid mount at the motor with poly bushings I made a solid mount in place of the stock FJ60 rubber mount for the Adaptor. From here to the frame is tubing and poly bushings at the frame. Easy in and out on the crossmember and should be strong. The Passenger side is taller because I was going to have to mount the tcase shifter and linkage off of this. I ended up using the AA one that came with the adapter just had to modify it.
No excuses for not having fancy tools. I have made lots of nice brackets and parts with angle grinders.
IMAG0791.jpg
IMAG0792.jpg
IMAG0794.jpg

Cool to see this build. Can't wait to see the finished product (or is it actually done and this is a time delay thread). Keep up the good work.

Cool to see this build. Can't wait to see the finished product (or is it actually done and this is a time delay thread). Keep up the good work.

It's not done. But it's not terribly far from running.

IMAG0798.jpg
IMAG0799.jpg
IMAG0800.jpg
Tcase Shifter is in, got everything finish welded. Beauty of this whole thing is no cab cutting. I got this whole fxxxer in there tucked tight and did not have to cut the 45 tub.
The cross member follows the radius of the Tcase and will act as a skid after its skinned.

To tight is just right.
IMAG0807.jpg
IMAG0806.jpg
IMAG0806.jpg

Crossmember

IMAG0809.jpg

There is no way to get the motor any lower. I have about .5 of clearance at full bump.
IMAG0818.jpg

Enjoy it. We owe it to our selves as gentleman to live challenging and exciting lives.

Kelly and I went to Dakar in December and January. Believe it.or not I am still picking away at her. Got the 3.73 rear with discs under her. Need bushings for the factory sway bar. Anyone have a line on those? I could make them I guess.
IMAG0355.jpg

Got the old junk out. Added new bushings. I am using all Rock Tactics hardware, laminated spring plates, u bolts and shackles.
IMAG0742.jpg

Because I am running stock springs the truck oil pan was just to close to the diff and driveshaft. I swaped to an F-body oild pan. I used the f-body pickup tube and just cut down the truck windage tray.
IMAG0901.jpg
IMAG0902.jpg

Been working on seats and shifter. This is a full manual valve body so being able to hold the shifter comfortable is a must.

IMG_20170409_074029.jpg

Few more of the seat brackets, shifter and notched tranny hump.

IMG_20170415_182829.jpg
IMG_20170409_074047.jpg
IMG_20170409_073953.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom