Ok, I just bought my 200 today..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I know there has been alot of talk about the 200, some bad, some good.

I picked mine up today.

First let me preface everything by saying this is my first truck for me. Usually I get trucks for the wife and kids. We had a lx470, then a GMC Yukon 2005 Denali XL, and now have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali XL.

We have 3 kids and a fourth on the way.

My last two cars have been an Acura TL. I am a car guy, not a truck guy, so bare with me when I ask and answer any questions.

I live in the Southern California desert and wanted to start going out and exploring the natural beauty around me....and have tons of fun!!!

Now after lurking around for a few weeks and reading the posts, let me say this. The reason I decided on a 08 LC was this.

With a fourth kid coming I need another car that can hold 4 car seats and also have room in behind the third row for a double stroller. Plus it needed to fit in my garage.

Now some of you have said in the past (or what I have seen via the posts) that if someone is hauling kids get a minivan. Well I would rather ride a bike then EVER GET A MINIVAN. So there are some of us that want a good off roading vehicle while hauling the family around.

I looked at the GX470, 4runner, highlander, current LX470, Sequoia.

Everything I tried, otherwise then the Sequoia and the LX470 would not fit the stroller. The Sequoia and the LX470 were just too big for what I needed.

Anyway, I looked at a 2007 LC and it fit everything! I was so excited, then the dealer told me the new ones were coming out in a few weeks.
So I waited and did research. That is how I found this site.

I have seen the comments and let me just say that I have never owned a LC before. The last Toyota I owned was my 1990 Supra (and it was new when I got it!)

So I know some people are worried about the angles, the differentials, etc. I don't have a reference point.

Now for the looks. I don't mind the body style, I HATE the way the headlight and tail lights look like they are on steroids and popping out. To me it makes it difficult to judge the front when making a close turn.

Anyway, the fake wood trim is pretty cheesy, but the leather trim looks very good.

My colors are the dark grey outside and the dark inside.

I like the pickup on the unit. You can feel the power, without a doubt. The instrument panel is setup well. I could see everything without moving my head around my hand.

The seats are comfy, it handles very well. The sound system is very nice.

I am having the dealership that I bought it at install a Sirius Radio module, and a remote start.

I LOVE the idea of having the siruis radio through the nav unit.

I am sure that I don't plan on doing half the 4x4 stuff that all of you do, but I think this is a great start for someone :)

Ok...ask away :D

So you have the truck right now? If so congratulations I am sure you will get years of use from this beast. Now please post up some pics, especially the interior.

So you have the truck right now? If so congratulations I am sure you will get years of use from this beast. Now please post up some pics, especially the interior.

Ditto. This thread is ABSOLUTELY useless without pics.

Congratulations, I'm sure it's an awesome truck.

Got to ask;
have you noticed the instrument cluster; those "tunnels" around the speedometer and tach;
do they get in the way ie: are you forced to sort of stare down them instead
of a quick glance at the instruments??

From the photos, it looks like it would be like looking down a couple of tumbler glasses to check
your speed.

How do you find the erognomic design?

G

Ditto. This thread is ABSOLUTELY useless without pics.

Congratulations, I'm sure it's an awesome truck.

There are some photos posted by others in the same section
g

Got to ask;
have you noticed the instrument cluster; those "tunnels" around the speedometer and tach;
do they get in the way ie: are you forced to sort of stare down them instead
of a quick glance at the instruments??

From the photos, it looks like it would be like looking down a couple of tumbler glasses to check
your speed.

How do you find the erognomic design?

G

About the photo's. many other photos have been posted, so mine will show nothing new. I will post a few so others can see the color schemes etc.

About the instruments. I didn't even notice that there were in a tunnel.

I thought those were just silver rings! There are no issues at all when it comes to seeing the dials. I usually lean on my right elbow, on the center console. I have not noticed anything at all.

The colors, lighting or whatever they make the blueish color out of (for the actual measurements) is extremely easy to see in the day time and great at night. At the highest settings it is not too bright at all!

Let me add to my first post and say that I am very familiar with cars. Car stereo systems etc. I did that for years...but trucks..a whole different beast!

The JBL sound system is VERY impressive for a stock system. Much better then ANY bose system that ever came in my acura.

The design flows very nicely. I was never a fan of using a touch screen for alot of functions, but the fact these days is that there are too many option to have ONLY dials.

There are ALOT of menus within menus. So a little tutorial on everything is suggested before people start looking while driving!

The issue I had is that the truck made it to the dealership today, and I picked it up today. So NOBODY at the dealership knew anything about the truck really. Nothing I didn't know before I got there, from all the research I did. :D

Congrats! I am with you on the minivan thing. What options did you get?

Thanks,

uzj100

Congrats on your new purchase. That's exciting!

Mot :cool:

Thanks,

uzj100

Well I got the full upgrade package. With as little Land Cruisers going out to the dealerships as I think there will be, I doubt there will be anything but fully loaded ones.

Well I got the full upgrade package. With as little Land Cruisers going out to the dealerships as I think there will be, I doubt there will be anything but fully loaded ones.

You are correct... i had my dealer check and at this point ever 200 is being built the with upgrade package.. so they are all $70-27K with the rear dvd, wood trim, etc. I really don't want the wood trim (mainly i don't want wood on my steering wheel)... so I have to wait (or i might just go and order on, but sound like that might take longer than just waiting.)​

You are correct... i had my dealer check and at this point ever 200 is being built the with upgrade package.. so they are all $70-27K with the rear dvd, wood trim, etc. I really don't want the wood trim (mainly i don't want wood on my steering wheel)... so I have to wait (or i might just go and order on, but sound like that might take longer than just waiting.)​

I am sure it will. Alot of the dealers around here won't even order any cars...what they have on the lot is it! I think that is horrible!

Anyway, I would go to the Toyota website and do the 'build your own' and see what is in the $7k package..alot more then just the trim...maybe getting the package and then a basic steering wheel cover might be your best bet.

The benefits of the while package outweigh the little bit of wood on the steering wheel. IMHO.

Thanks,

uzj100

I don't understand the whole thought process that if someone has kids, that they should get a minivan.

We like to have sex....it doesn't mean we have a disease and should stay away from certain things!

At least that is the way I look at it :rolleyes:

If anyone thinks differently on that subject :flipoff2: :cheers:

Here are some pics:

Full Body Shot

SANY0042.jpg

Interior Drivers Door: Shown for interior color and wood trim

SANY0045.jpg

Interior Drivers Seat Area:

SANY0044.jpg

Alot of people had asked if the running boards are removable. Here is a pic from the underside of the running boards. From what I can see they are bolted to three large metal brackets that attach from the running boards to the frame. So the answer seems to be YES they are removable, easily.

SANY0039.jpg

Another pic of running board brackets:

SANY0040.jpg

Thanks for the info on the running boards. And congrats on your purchase!

How about the roof rails? Does it look like it will be an easy removal job like the 100?

I think the roof rails make any Land Cruiser look more like a minivan :eek:

Much cleaner without.

exterior.jpg

Thanks for the info on the running boards. And congrats on your purchase!

How about the roof rails? Does it look like it will be an easy removal job like the 100?

I think the roof rails make any Land Cruiser look more like a minivan :eek:

Much cleaner without.

Umm how do I check? I will try in a bit....

congrats on your ride, I checked one out at the 50th anniversary and it's nice. I know you have a whole troop to pack but if you ever want to go on a day trip to offroad, PM me. I'm in socal. I think Rowher trail would be fun and easy for you, get you familiar w/ all the 4x4 doodads (no desire to see scratches on your new LC btw!)

also, Surf n Turf is this weekend! Check out Realcruiser.com

congrats and thanks for the good feedback

WHich color is that?

THe 200 in Raleigh was 69k and did not have the full $7k upgrade package. It was white with grey leather interior.

WHich color is that?

THe 200 in Raleigh was 69k and did not have the full $7k upgrade package. It was white with grey leather interior.

Mine is the grey outside and the grey interior.

congrats on your ride, I checked one out at the 50th anniversary and it's nice. I know you have a whole troop to pack but if you ever want to go on a day trip to offroad, PM me. I'm in socal. I think Rowher trail would be fun and easy for you, get you familiar w/ all the 4x4 doodads (no desire to see scratches on your new LC btw!)

also, Surf n Turf is this weekend! Check out Realcruiser.com

congrats and thanks for the good feedback

That sounds great! I would love to go, but with my wife being due in about 7 weeks, I don't travel more then about 30 min from home :)

Once the new one is here, I am all for it!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom