Oil Pressure Switch Testing

• Thread starter medikateme
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
M

medikateme

No power to the oil pressure switch at the connectors. Started tracing the wiring back from the connectors at the switch. Came across what looks like a jump/splice between power and ground wires. First time looking at this. Can't believe it should look like this but wanted to get feedback. Thanks.

M

medikateme

Pics below

IMG 20211109 134959

IMG 20211109 135618

M

medikateme

That ain't right. Get a new harness.
Appreciate your reply. Any guesses on why that was done? Was wondering if it was some kind of work around or bypass to deal with another issue. The black/white wire to the a/c compressor works as it should.

zapatius

zapatius

SILVER Star
Appreciate your reply. Any guesses on why that was done? Was wondering if it was some kind of work around or bypass to deal with another issue. The black/white wire to the a/c compressor works as it should.
Maybe one of the electrical people will chime in...I just know mine does not look like that. I just replaced my oil pressure sensor with new and got a newish used harness. My old one had some abrasions. Neither had a bypass.

M

medikateme

Maybe one of the electrical people will chime in...I just know mine does not look like that. I just replaced my oil pressure sensor with new and got a newish used harness. My old one had some abrasions. Neither had a bypass.
Good to hear. I noticed you have a '94. I have the '93.

ppc

ppc

M Go Blue
No power to the oil pressure switch at the connectors. Started tracing the wiring back from the connectors at the switch. Came across what looks like a jump/splice between power and ground wires. First time looking at this. Can't believe it should look like this but wanted to get feedback. Thanks.

That is not connection between power and ground. The white wire is a shielded wire where the shield surrounding the signal wire, attached to ground eliminates stray electrical interference.

M

medikateme

That is not connection between power and ground. The white wire is a shielded wire where the shield surrounding the signal wire, attached to ground eliminates stray electrical interference.
Right on. Thanks for the clarification. Question regarding the wiring: all three pins receive power with the ignition turned to "on." When plugged in the harness has power to the black/white wire (a/c compressor) and the brown wire but nothing to the yellow wire. The brown wire w/ white connector appears to go to the spade on the edge of the sensor. The yellow wire w/ black connector to the center post on the sensor. Out of curiosity where does the power to the yellow wire end up?

zapatius

zapatius

SILVER Star
Just PM me your address and I'll send it you via First Class if you're not in a huge rush. No need for payment