1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offroad Lights. Dumb Question...

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by keller, Aug 20, 2006.

1. keller

keller

i bought some cheap kc immitation lights off ebay and didn't realize that they are actually FOG lights and not OFFROAD daylighter type.

So, can i simply change the bulb (130w now) or am i stuck with buying a new set? they are 12v 6" in diameter.

thanks.

:doh: :bounce:

2. Martin White

Martin White

You can change the bulbs, but that won't change the pattern the lights were designed to throw, which may, or may not be what you're looking for. If you do a quick search you will find lots of information on what a standard fog light pattern looks like.

3. mot

mot

What Martin said.

But just curious, what do you mean by "offroad daylighter type"?

Do you want driving lights which are kind of like highbeams (narrower beam pattern, but reaches further down the road, for highway/backroad cruising) or fog lights which give you wider coverage, but not very far?

If you're going to use them while wheeling after dark, having a pair of fog lights would serve you as well, if not better, than driving lights, for lighting your immediate surrounding.

But if you're going to use them for driving down a dirt road, then driving lights might work better for you.

Good luck!

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">