Events/Trails Official UC Adopt a highway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nexgencontractors.com
I figure since we have an obligation to perform this clean up four times a year we should just make it an ongoing thread and keep it up to date.

When: SEE LATEST POSTS AT BOTTOM FOR THE NEXT DATE.
Where: Meet at the Fmart in Marietta, SC prior to starting (F-Mart · 4268 Geer Hwy, Marietta, SC 29661 - https://goo.gl/maps/kzKMxwB4Gtjzozbe8)
What: Pick up trash along SC Hwy 11 working from Marietta towards TR

We will not hold an in-person safety meeting, please see the safety guidelines below if have not done so recently...

Important safety reminders, we value the safety of our volunteers
-
If at any time you feel your route is unsafe ( tall grass, rain, snow, ice or under construction ), please skip or postpone your cleanup until conditions are safer.
- All volunteers MUST wear a safety vest and no children under the age of 13, if you need additional vests please let me know.
- If your signs are damaged or missing, please let me know so we can have them repaired or replaced.
- Close the drop-down panel when you have completed your cleanup, we do not want them to remain open.
- If your route has sidewalks, place the bags to the backside of the sidewalk so pedestrians can still pass safely. Please do not leave bags behind the guardrail, if the crew does not see the bags they will be left behind.
- Please use the orange bags we provide, our crew will not remove any other color bags. Orange bags are free to you, please stop by the office from 8 to 5 Monday thru Friday if you need bags.
- Be aware of your surroundings and walk facing traffic cleaning one side at a time.

If anyone has any questions regarding the clean up please feel free to DM me. We look forward to seeing y'all there!

Saturday May 14th @10:00 am. Unfortunately I will not be able to be there this time can someone please take lead and pick up the equipment from Trollholes shop.

Saturday May 14th @10:00 am. Unfortunately I will not be able to be there this time can someone please take lead and pick up the equipment from Trollholes shop.
Posted on FB too. Let me know if nobody steps up and I need to update the socials.

Out of town this weekend

We're going to be cancelling the pickup for this weekend. We'll reschedule and post up again, hopefully we can get some warm sunny weather and participants for the new date.

Dates for 2023 are as follows and are posted on the 2023 UC Calendar as well: Feb. 18th, May 20th, Aug 19th, Nov 11th.

Also we could really use a couple club members that would like to step up and lead these cleanups. Please message me if you would like to help out and lead one or more Saturday's this year.

I will take the first one.

This coming Saturday, to be combined with Rigs and Coffee in Greenville. Meet there, then we will depart at 11:30 as a group. There may be a Jeep there, so if that concerns you, meet at the F Mart directly at noon. 😁

This coming Saturday, to be combined with Rigs and Coffee in Greenville. Meet there, then we will depart at 11:30 as a group. There may be a Jeep there, so if that concerns you, meet at the F Mart directly at noon. 😁

I plan on coming, it will be my first club event. I'll meet you at F Mart. Do we need to bring anything, or is it provided?

I plan on coming, it will be my first club event. I'll meet you at F Mart. Do we need to bring anything, or is it provided?
Bring gloves. Safety gear and grabbers are provided. See you there

Is this an afterparty?

Hmm next 3rd saturday May 20... No idea if ill be in Gville

Heads up we have our final cleanup for this year coming up on November 11th. Who can be there to help out? I plan to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom